Re: Ozu Japanese restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 8 September 2011 1.00pm
My wife and me enjoyed a relaxing stroll along the River Thames one Saturday this summer, when we ended up at the County Hall just as we began to become hungry. My wife loves to try different types of foods so was very keen in trying Ozu Japanese Restaurant. We entered the restaurant and were kept waiting for longer then we had expected. Just as we were contemplating leaving, a member of staff came over and seated us. Once sat down the staffs were very friendly and helpful making sure we were comfortable. Our food came and smelled delicious and once we began to tuck in tasted even nicer then it had originally smelt. We enjoyed a glass of wine each with our meal, which wasnít the best glass but the food, made up for that. Once we had finished we were full and decided to relax for a few minutes before departing. The staff was very accommodating and didnít rush us in anyway which was nice as many other places are keen to get you in and out. Overall we completely enjoyed our experience.
Thursday 8 September 2011 1.10pm
The above message originates from Captivate Hospitality, a marketing agency working for Ozu.

They bumped a five-year-old thread to post the above tripe.

Welcome to the Astroturfing Hall of Shame.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 8 September 2011 1.15pm

I love the blurb on their website...

"Captivate Hospitality use tried and tested strategies to attract new customers and persuade existing customers to visit more often."

Well, not this time matey!
Thursday 8 September 2011 1.29pm
I thought the wine was crap too.
Thursday 8 September 2011 1.38pm
What utter garbage it is that Captivate Marketing compiled. He seemingly "completely enjoyed" the experience of rubbish wine and being kept waiting excessively? Not to mention the spelling and grammar...

Aren't they meant to be professional? Or is all that meant to give the illusion of a balanced view?

Good spot James.
Thursday 8 September 2011 1.46pm
There is another "Steffen" who wrote a review of the place here, but 8 minutes before the one above.

Same style - a made up intro to set the scene, a bit of a downer in the middle - then a wonderful review. And a 10/10 rating. All wrapped up in bad grammar. Marvellous.

I hope Ozu ask for a refund of their marketing budget!
Thursday 8 September 2011 1.47pm
Maybe they'll be extolling the virtues of the roast chestnut / hot dog trolleys on the bridge soon?
Thursday 8 September 2011 2.26pm
I thought the place was shut. Website is very out of date (containing an offer which ran out in Jan 2010!).

I would strongly support a decent Japanese restaurant in SE1, but this kind of behaviour does it no favours.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 8 September 2011 2.30pm
My wife and I were enjoying a lovely morning at home surfing the internet and posting comments on our favourite restaurants, when we discovered the London SE1 community website. Initially I thought that the branding and design were poor. However the sharp eyed commentators and general information was excellent. Overall I completely enjoyed my visit to London SE1.
Thursday 8 September 2011 2.52pm
I would say that someone's been "enjoying a lovely morning" "enjoying a glass of wine", but I have to admit that Steffen's grammar, "which I initially thought was poor" has improved in his last post.

I suspect that "my wife and me" will continue to walk past Ozu on our way to "completely enjoy our experience" at other, Japanese restaurants over the river.

Sayonara Steffen

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: