Southwark Bridge - Thames Festival

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 9 September 2011 2.22pm
(I've looked on the Thames Festival website, and can't find the answer. All it talks about is that there is a meal in the evening that you can buy plates/tickets for from 12 noon).

Does anyone know what will be going on on Sthk Bridge during the day tomorrow, please?

Specifically, I remember a couple of years ago when they shut the bridge, set a big table down the middle of it, and had all sorts of food and drink stalls selling stuff all afternoon (and possibly into the evening, for all I know).

I can see that they are shutting the bridge, and I can see that there's a meal in the evening. What I'd like to know is whether there will be the different food stalls operating during the daytime.

If anyone can help, I'll be grateful. Thanks. I'll probably go and check it out in the afternoon anyway, but it'd be nice to know whether I can look fwd to a drink and some food when I get there.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 9 September 2011 2.24pm
Yes, they'll be doing the usual thing with the tables and the food stalls. The theme this year is sustainable fish.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/11543/feast-on-the-bridge

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 9 September 2011 3.13pm
Thanks very much, James. I'm looking forward to it.

I think there's something really special about the atmosphere when they shut down the bridge and everyone's eating together.

Let's hope for good weather.

Sunday 11 September 2011 9.49am
Lovely food and drink on the bridge yesterday

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: