E&C bus routes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 10 September 2011 10.02pm
The Elephant is served by 28 bus routes.
Is there any other place in London that has as many?
How would I be able to find this out?
Saturday 10 September 2011 11.54pm
Because I have waaay too much time on my hands, I had a look at the bus maps over on tfl at the obvious busy spots, and I think you're right E & C comes out top and that's not including the night buses!
Sunday 11 September 2011 12.58am
I thought as much. E&C is the epicentre of the transport network
Does anywhere have more night buses?
Sunday 11 September 2011 5.58pm
Trafalgar square has lots of buses going through it as well.

Especially night buses that go through there!!
Sunday 11 September 2011 10.23pm
Trafalgar Square used to be where all the night buses started from, back when there were fewer routes. There'd be one stop for buses going north and one for all the southbound ones - a nightmare on a Friday or Saturday night!

Now there are many more and they start at a number of different places - Oxford St, Victoria, Aldgate etc
Tuesday 13 September 2011 12.23pm
Far and away the winner on day buses:

E & C 28
WATERLOO 21
OXFORD CIRCUS 20
MARBLE ARCH 20
TRAFALGAR SQUARE 19
VICTORIA 19
LIVERPOOL STREET 18
HAMMERSMITH 17
PICCADILLY CIRCUS 16
Tuesday 13 September 2011 1.12pm
Auntie Pat wrote:
Trafalgar Square used to be where all the night buses started from, back when there were fewer routes. There'd be one stop for buses going north and one for all the southbound ones - a nightmare on a Friday or Saturday night!
Now there are many more and they start at a number of different places - Oxford St, Victoria, Aldgate etc

I remember - and I miss those times. Trafalgar Sq. was like a great slow-moving vortex that would slowly over the late hours, draw in all the drunken waifs and strays in the city at the weekend - everyone who had missed that last tube or train… and then spin them out towards home again. The square was crawling with happy drunken people and you were usually guaranteed to meet an old friend or housemate (or make a new friend!) at one of the bus stops, burger stands or buying tomorrow’s papers.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Tuesday 13 September 2011 10.44pm
Red bus, I miss those times too - now far too old and wobbly to stay out late!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network