Westfield Stratford

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 14 September 2011 12.34pm
Has anyone seen the list of retailers at westfield stratford on the website? I have had a look and it is all bland, boring retailers - the usual. Not one notable independent, niche or quirky retailer. I have never been to a westfield and doesnt look like I will be going any time soon now; although it a short ride away on teh jubilee line. At least One exchange in the city has a few stores that arent everywhere else in the whole of the UK....such as azzendi, oliver bonas etc. Still need a good fabric shop in se1. What a disappointment!
Wednesday 14 September 2011 8.17pm
well its not that bad with a huge John Lewis and M&S...Dwell are a perfectly adequate replacement for now-defunct Habitat. Loads of mens fashion stores as well. Anyone see what Stratford was like before? anything has to be an improvement. and all just 20 minutes from SE1
Wednesday 14 September 2011 11.43pm
Once the opening fuss has died down will go there to investigate the Utobeer place [Tap East].

According to the plan it appears to be at the Stratford International end.
Thursday 15 September 2011 12.21pm
Quite - all those high street regulars are largely absent from London between New Oxford Street and Lakeside anyway - I'm sure it'll be packed out.
Thursday 15 September 2011 3.28pm
Is it just me, or is it not too difficult to find "independent, quirky, niche retailers" in central London - i.e. within walking distance of SE1?

What do you expect a shopping mall to contain? You do understand that they are run as LCD commercial enterprises, don't you?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 15 September 2011 5.34pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Is it just me, or is it not too difficult to find "independent, quirky, niche retailers" in central London - i.e. within walking distance of SE1?
What do you expect a shopping mall to contain? You do understand that they are run as LCD commercial enterprises, don't you?

Not just you, Mr I.

At the risk of being shot down in flames for advertising, there is at least one 'independent' business involved in Stratford Westfield (with strong connections to SE1) and they have already been mentioned on this thread.
Thursday 15 September 2011 6.22pm
Someone at work has been and said the website doesn't list the whole retailers that are there. They said it is fantastic and have lots of types of shops, so sorry for the misinformation
Friday 16 September 2011 8.12am
Good luck to them, Jane.

Provision of refreshing beverages in or near to a shopping mall should be enshrined in the constitution, or a Bill of Rights or something.

The only saving grace about the West End is the pubs up the backstreets.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 18 September 2011 5.42am
TiaMariaJim - Tap East not open yet.
Went yesterday as needed to visit John Lewis - much better than tackling Oxford Street! View of the Olympic Stadium from JL top floor impressive. Was also pleasantly surprised to find a Lakeland store next to JL : ). Much easier than the trek to Brent Cross.
Didn't explore more as was really busy as expected so can't comment on range of shops but if you want John Lewis go to Stratford International as it's that end of the centre.
Sunday 18 September 2011 7.13am
Can't really understand the fuss from some of the broadsheet hacks basically slagging off Westfield in many ways, from the variety of stores to its architectural merit even the link to the Olympic legacy it is meant to represent. it is only a shopping centre for god's sake...and thats all it is. For those of us in SE1 who have been now been saved from the awfulness that is Oxford Street it will prove to be a popular destination i am sure
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: