Kerry Dublin Match

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 14 September 2011 6.37pm
It's that time of year again! Anyone know of SE1 pubs showing the All Ireland Final?
Wednesday 14 September 2011 6.40pm
Could try the Dover Castle? They show GAA matches from time to time.
Wednesday 14 September 2011 11.55pm
It's getting more and more difficult to find venues aoibhneas. I'm thinking of heading to County Kilburn put I dont want to see either Dublin or Kerry win so maybe I'll only stay for the minor game ;)
Thursday 15 September 2011 10.34am
Thanks Neil. Wanted to stay on my own patch so I'll check out the Dover Castle (cheers Enbee). Neighbours offered us a drink in front of their Sky tv but turns out you can't buy into Sky Premier without your own satellite dish (communal one won't do, what's that about?)and we're in flats.
Thursday 15 September 2011 10.45am
aoibhneas wrote:
Wanted to stay on my own patch

Nil aon tintean mar do thintean fein.
Thursday 15 September 2011 1.07pm
is fíor dhuit
Thursday 15 September 2011 5.51pm
Is the Dover Castle definitely showing it? I hope it is but might be worth a quick call first just in case. The number of SE1 bars showing GAA games has plummeted over the last 10 years or so. I can count about 5 within 5 or 10 minutes of my flat that used to but no longer do :(
Thursday 15 September 2011 6.07pm
Just spoken to a guy at the Dover Castle. He says 'we will, of course.'
Thursday 15 September 2011 7.14pm
Aoibhneas

The George on Tower Bridge Road (which looks foreboding from the outside but I am assured is very nice for GAA matches) is showing them all; not sure it showed Galway winning the camoige last week though.

Not sure what Sky Premier is but if you're feeling like a regular dose of Irish TV, you could always swap your UK Sky sub for an Irish one. The only things you lose are 5Star and 5USA but get to add all the Irish channels (can't beat a nightly helping if Vincent Browe for car crash telly). You need someone at an Irish address to order it for you and you can't plug the telephone line in!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: