Borough Market and Vinopolis

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 14 September 2011 7.50pm
Just got back from the Continent, Amsterdam and Frankfurt, which is a bit through the looking glass etc and read the item on Borough market and their objections to Vinopolis. I take it they are having a laugh. 1756 Act? Right, and if all the laws and covenants on Borough Market were enforced, what would that look like.

I have no view on either case, but please, come on.
Wednesday 14 September 2011 8.40pm
Gadzooks and forsooth! Tis verily ye olde quandary. Methinks ye markete has got it's breeches in a twist and is piffing in ye winde.
I cannot see how an act from 250+ years ago is going to have much of an effect on a development in Central London in 2011.
Wednesday 14 September 2011 9.13pm
But if we were questioning B Market management in view of the fact that it is a charity and therefore they have to obey to those rules... which date from??

Now what is different? It goes both ways... Relax guys. The Market has to survive. Some people like to shoot for the pleasure of shooting. Like PoE. There is a new manager now.. is she horrible as well?

On top, you still pay the rent to the Royal Family.. that is a bit oldish timish...innit
Wednesday 14 September 2011 10.04pm
orione wrote:
But if we were questioning B Market management in view of the fact that it is a charity and therefore they have to obey to those rules... which date from??
Now what is different? It goes both ways... Relax guys. The Market has to survive. Some people like to shoot for the pleasure of shooting. Like PoE. There is a new manager now.. is she horrible as well?

On top, you still pay the rent to the Royal Family.. that is a bit oldish timish...innit

I don't see my post as a snipe at BM. I merely pointed out the difficulties I feel they will experience in using a 250 year old act to stop a nearby central london development. I would suggest that is perhaps you who should relax.
Incidentally, i have no idea what the new manager is like, but I would be fairly certain that with a name like Keith Davis, "she" would be a "he".

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: