Tanner Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 15 September 2011 12.34pm
Hi there. Does anybody know what happened on Tanner Street at some time between 6:30 and 9:30 last night? The police has sealed the road off outside my house and it looked like there had been some kind of attack. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Related news & features

Thursday 15 September 2011 1.45pm
The police cordon was already up as I went past on a bus around 7pm.
Thursday 15 September 2011 2.00pm
Thanks AndyABC. I left my flat at 6:30 so must have happened between then and 7pm i.e. in daylight.
Thursday 15 September 2011 5.40pm
I have second hand information, so this may not be 100% complete/accurate:
It happened a little while before 7pm.
A guy was forced to stop in his car at the corner of Tanner Street and Riley Road and attacked by two others. They smashed the driver's side window and got him out, gave him quite a severe beating - I understand a blunt instrument was used. The attackers fled before the police arrived.
There was broken glass and blood still on the road this morning.
Friday 16 September 2011 10.09am
Thanks Sandgrown Dave. Yes, I saw the glass and blood yesterday morning and saw the car with the smashed windows on Wednesday night. All rather scary.
Friday 16 September 2011 12.13pm
Just horrible. Poor man.

Too many crazy things like this are going on here..

I think we need good CCTV in place in the area and than get these criminals and put them where is their place.

This episode is absolutely crazy, we are not in the Bronx in the '60s. I think.
Friday 16 September 2011 12.59pm
Why do you think more CCTV is the answer? Until every square inch of public space is covered and probably watched, it just displaces bad behaviour.

iirc We're already surveyed by more CCTV cameras per head of population than any other European country and it doesn't seem to help.

Perhaps we should be thinking of things that don't impinge on everyone's liberties.
Friday 16 September 2011 1.08pm
I'm hearing and seeing alot of reports of crime compared to before. The effects of the recession, sign of the times, suppose.
Friday 16 September 2011 1.18pm
Why CCTV impairs your freedom... I fail to understand. Anyway there none in the area.
Friday 16 September 2011 1.38pm
Rambling Phil wrote:
Why do you think more CCTV is the answer? Until every square inch of public space is covered and probably watched, it just displaces bad behaviour.
iirc We're already surveyed by more CCTV cameras per head of population than any other European country and it doesn't seem to help.

Perhaps we should be thinking of things that don't impinge on everyone's liberties.

Definitely agree.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: