Where To Watch The Rugby In SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Tuesday 20 September 2011 9.14pm
With the World Cup in full swing, Im surprised no-one has asked where they can watch the rugby ( other than home of course, as its on ITV1)

Im sure a few pubs are opening early

As are we at The Crown, Blackfriars rd

This Saturday 9.00am sees New Zealand take on their World Cup nemesis, France!

We are open from 8.30am with a Kiwi BBQ breakfast, free tea or coffee with breaky,
we also have Macs gold ale from Nelson for those missing home!

It would be great to see any other Kiwis or Rugby supporters along for what looks to b a great match!

As we are over in one corner of the borough,we understand if if a bit far for the early morning trek. If your local is opening up for the games, please let us all know. We dont want anyone sitting at home watching the match alone, simply because they didnt know where to join in the fun!

Cheers All
GO the AB's

Phil
Tuesday 20 September 2011 9.20pm
Big Phil.

More free adverts for your pub. There are loads of places showing the games - it's a bit cheesy that you want to advertise in this way.
Tuesday 20 September 2011 9.57pm
Nothing wrong with Cheesy.

But feel free to mention some of the "Loads" open
Ive had phone calls from people saying their local isn't opening early and wanting details for here.

cheers

phil
Tuesday 20 September 2011 10.20pm
bigphil wrote:
Nothing wrong with Cheesy

You are so right and so ironic!

To help you in future - here is a definition of the word before you use it.
Wednesday 21 September 2011 7.52am
Boss St Boss, thanks for the English lesson but still no mention of a suggestion for folks, of other pubs in SE1 showing the rugby?

If your only intent is snide little cracks at me, feel free to Grow Up and Jog On!

If you have information on the subject of where to watch the rugby in SE1 , Please share so that others in the community may benefit.

cheers
Phil
Wednesday 21 September 2011 9.08am
The wheatsheaf 24 Southwark Street also pretty sure The Roxy on Borough High street
Wednesday 21 September 2011 9.22am
The Pommelers Rest and The Dean Swift close to me. And The Gregorian, just in SE16.

I could go on but I'm bored.

My point, Phil, was that once again you use the forum to advertise your pub. Notice that none of the other pubs mentioned do that kind of spamming.
Wednesday 21 September 2011 9.45am
Thanks for the Info Nigel. cheers

Boss St Boss, the sudject was where to watch in SE1, you were obviously too bored to even read the suject title correctly, last time I checked SE16 is not in SE1.

How other pubs advertise or not is no business of mine!
we are not normally open on the weekends but for a few special occassions.
This community website is a great way of letting people know we are doing something!

If you have a particular beef with the way I advertise my business, take it up with James, rather than contining to drop snide comments.

Better still If it doesnt concern you, how about you just not comment!
Wednesday 21 September 2011 9.51am
Fair enough. Carry on spamming.
Wednesday 21 September 2011 10.04am
update: after a few phone calls

Wheatsheaf: not opening early!
Roxy: opening 5 door charge , breakfast is extra
Pommelers rest: (weatherspoons) opens 8am everyday

Dean Swift: not sure , will get back to me

gregorian: no answer

here at The Crown open and serving breakfasts

hope that helps any pub going rugby supporters

cheers

Phil
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network