Views on newbies on Stamford St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 September 2011 1.27pm
Hi - just wondered what local people thought of Nandos (opening underneath Coin St Neighbourhood Centre) and also the Jazz Club opening where the old Indigo restuarant (opp Nautical school) was?
Wednesday 21 September 2011 1.39pm
I'd be interested in a local Jazz club! Any more info?

Sorry if they've opened it up underneath/over some poor buggers house, btw, and that was the point of the thread, but I think the local area's really lacking decent live music spaces that aren't clubs. It'd be really great to have a bit more.
Wednesday 21 September 2011 1.51pm
Apparently Nandos do surprisingly good veggieburgers. I might pop along. +1 on the live music venue too :)

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Wednesday 21 September 2011 3.14pm
The possibility of a quality jazz venue caught my eye and I would certainly be interested in it.
Friday 23 September 2011 5.08pm
Thanks James,

The site isn't quite finished, by the look of it, but if they get it sussed, this will be great. There's a real lack of smaller live music venues in the area, obviously we're spoilt rotten with the SBC/Purcell room etc, but it's always nice to have slightly less formal spaces to go as well.
Tuesday 27 September 2011 9.32am
Just a thought but as Nandos applied to the wrong council (Southwark) for a licence does this mean that any comments/suggestions were also sent to the wrong council too - although no one in the area recalls ever receiving notices from the council!
Tuesday 27 September 2011 9.45am
The council doesn't send out letters re. licensing applications. [Planning applications are a different matter.]

The burden of advertising the application rests with the applicant. They have to put up a notice outside the premises and place a public notice in a local newspaper.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 27 September 2011 1.56pm
Thanks James.
Wednesday 9 November 2011 11.48am
Licensing hearing re. jazz club next week:
http://moderngov.southwarksites.com/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=4170

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: