Little black cat on E&C roundabout

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 21 September 2011 9.56pm
Hi chaps and chappettes,

I live in MCH and for the last 5 or 6 days, I have seen a little black cat roaming around on the E&C roundabout. I've tried to approach it, but it scuttles off (though I have to admit, I'm not great with cats!) It doesn't look in too bad condition but it is strange to see a cat around here.

I'm worried about it, and wondering if it's a stray. I have called the RSPCA who basically referred me to a vet, the vet said they wouldn't fetch it (understandably) so now I'm a bit stuck for ideas.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cath
Wednesday 21 September 2011 10.09pm
I've seen some posts to this effect on the RoundaboutNews twitter feed - I've been keeping an eye out for the cat too. Celia Hammond have lots of experience in rescuing lost cats www.celiahammond.org so they might be able to help?
Thursday 22 September 2011 9.49pm
Thank you guys - you're stars!
Friday 23 September 2011 11.12pm
Hey there, ive been in touch with celia hammond about this cat and they were going down there again last night to see if they could find him. He isnt neutered and we think he is a stray. I have seen him hunting so he is pretty self sufficient but a roundabout is no home fo him,,,, he does go off though so not sure where he goes..
Friday 23 September 2011 11.39pm
Hey ch134,

Thanks for that. I have also been in touch with Celia Hammond and have had various updates from them - seems to me like they're doing a fabulous job. I am so impressed with all the effort they're putting in to catching the cat.

I have seen him within the MCH complex a couple of times when I'm outside having a cigarette at night, so I have passed on that information to the Celia Hammond team and suggested they ask to set up one of their traps on the grounds here. I'm not sure if they'll be allowed to, but it's definitely worth asking/trying.

I'm so worried about that cat - people are getting bored of listening to me fretting! I really hope the guys at Celia Hammond can do something for him.
Saturday 24 September 2011 6.56am
Hey hun, i know my office window overlooks the roundabout and all i do is look out for him. I did go out there with a box the other week to try and catch him but he wasnt going to come anywhere near. Celia hammond said someone else had been in touch about him now i know its you...so pleased to know others are worrying about this little guy too. Btw What is the mch complex?
Saturday 24 September 2011 10.36am
Ch134 - Celia Hammond also told me someone else had been in contact, so I'm guessing they meant you! Nice to meet you, so to speak! I didn't hear from them yesterday so I'm hoping they're going to fill me in with any news today.

MCH is Metro Central Heights - the white and blue building on the roundabout. My windows overlook the roundabout so I keep standing at the window, looking out for him.
Monday 26 September 2011 4.30pm
I have heard from celia hammond today and our little black cat is safely in their care now... fab news.
Monday 26 September 2011 5.48pm
Wonderful news :-) Let's hear it for CHT and Li'l Black Cat's samaritans.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: