Elefest

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 24 September 2011 7.49am
Morning all!

I thought you like to know about this year's Elefest, which runs from 29 Sept-2 Oct. The Hotel Elephant will be hosting local musicians and singers, art exhibitions and a party with Slumbarave and our friends at the Corsica Arts Studio have an arts and crafts Flea Market on Sunday, as well as the closing party. You'll find full programme details at www.elefest.org.uk. All events are free, unless stated.

Also, while I'm on, I'm sure you're all dusting off your fancy dress gear for the Bermondsey Street Festival later. Shortwave is hosting a stage in the Square where the fun starts at 2pm. We've got DJs from 2pm, a live performance by Saint Saviour around 6 and an open air screening of Cabaret.

The stage is already set up and ready to go, so there may be a few other surprises on there this morning. Have fun everybody!

Orla D
Pen
Monday 26 September 2011 9.31am
Hi Orla

Is the Elefest suitable for kids?? Or is it just an evening thing?

Pen
Wednesday 28 September 2011 9.45pm
Hi Pen

I'm going to bring the littl'un to see the art at the Hotel Elephant and the flea market at Corsica (all being well).

Launch party tomorrow night at the Hotel Elephant has some fantastic local musicians and food produced near by. All free!

Saturday night is jam packed with interesting musicians and perfomers, and Sunday should be worth a look, with the arts and crafts flea market and DIY taxidermy workshops. Can't say you get to do that every Sunday!

Full programme is at www.elefest.org.uk.

Orla
Pen
Thursday 29 September 2011 4.23pm
Thanks Orla.

Hopefully we will see you there tonight.

Pen
Friday 30 September 2011 11.22am
Hi Pen

Last night's launch party was a great night by all accounts, hope you made it in the end.

Tonight local artist Reuben Powell hosts an open studio at the Hotel Elephant on Newington Causeway. There'll be a talk by artist Jessica Littlewood at 7.30 and a chance to see some fantastic picutres taken on the Heygate by Michael Smythe and Marcus Coates.

Postcode is SE1 6BJ

Orla

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: