Bermondsey Street Festival

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 25 September 2011 2.09pm
Thanks to all the Organisers and Volunteers and all those involved in putting on the Bermondsey Street Festival for such a lovely event. There was so much going on and such a great atmosphere the entire length of the street into Bermondsey Square. Great to see se1 friends too!

Related news & features

Sunday 25 September 2011 3.52pm
heartily seconded!
Sunday 25 September 2011 8.12pm
Sorry to have missed it this year, sounds like it was another great success.
Monday 26 September 2011 9.28am
we really had a good time-my only problem as kids that wanted to see the dog show but could not get near due to the adults standing round the ring-perhaps next year a bigger area could be cosidered?????
Monday 26 September 2011 10.26am
As one of the voluteers on the organising committee I'd like to say thank you to the many people who have said how much they enjoyed the day. In turn, our thanks to the volunteers who made it happen, its not just a group of 12 on the committee! From putting out bunting and blowing up balloons, to models and stylist, and dog show organisers, stall holders, artists, and so many more - you know who you are. Thanks you.

The numbers were quite overwhelming - clearly the event is now firmly established as one of London's favourite local festivals.

Please feel free to comment through this Forum on ideas for next year - dog show comment already noted, thanks, we'll keep an eye out for more.
Mark
Monday 26 September 2011 6.50pm
Well done and massive thanks to all organisers, volunteers etc. You've really put this event on the map. The weather was lovely, and it's obviously incredibly popular.

Well done!
STT
Wednesday 28 September 2011 12.41pm
Hi Mark,
We'd love to get involved in some way for next year if possible? All I heard from my customers was how great it was, I only wish I'd been able to get out for a bit to see it for myself!

Julie.
Wednesday 28 September 2011 3.17pm
I was wondering where I could get one of the festival posters. I find the red heeled dog really beautiful.
Wednesday 28 September 2011 5.30pm
I would like to thank everybody who came to see the art exhibition that we put on in Delfina and to those who took part in the 'Art Ramble' down Bermondsey Street during the festival.

I have uploaded pictures of the festival and the exhibited art at the following link, please take a look. Thanks!

http://www.southwarkstudios.com/blog/2011/9/28/bermondsey-festival-pictures.html
Wednesday 28 September 2011 7.23pm
Connie - The t shirts and posters went like hot cakes -such a popular design! we ran out early in the afternoon.

STT - if you go to the wbsite www.bermondseystreetfestival.org.uk you will find a contact page for general use or go to the stalls page if you want to get on the list nice and early for next year!

Mark

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: