Parks in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Wednesday 28 September 2011 8.41am
Hello everybody!

Do you know why every little public space in The London bridge area is hijacked by winos?

This morning for example the little and beautiful guys street park had ten or more homeless using all benches, drinking vodka and beers, and peeing happly on the flowers. Same thing for other park corners...

Now let's say I (or many of those who were passing by ) want to enjoy some time in the park I pay taxes for what should I do?

I think being understanding is always the key but what if my right of using the public space is limited because of this?

Most importantly: where all these homeless come from
Because there are many everywhere in Se1, far more than any other post code I have visited so far..

Enjoy the sun anyway..
Wednesday 28 September 2011 9.26am
Agreed

Some parts of SE1 are like Tramp city.

there is about 6 in Emma cons garden right now, using the seats
there was 3 on my bench in front of my pub who got most upset when told to move on.

Im sure someone will say "dont pick on them, they are victims" and all the other bullc**p. but these are people who dont have to wash urine and faeces off the street outside thier own homes.

and i am enjoying the sun !

cheers
phil
Wednesday 28 September 2011 9.35am
They are all around long lane/bermondsey st/ the lovely little park in leathermarket st is full of these drunks, i wonder where they get the cash from for the drink as they have bottles of it.
Wednesday 28 September 2011 9.51am
You'd all be amazed at how many of these people are ex forces who have done our dirty work for us and then been cast aside,of course it's not ideal but what do you do,their hostels are around here as are their drug rehab places,and the beggings lucrative.
Wednesday 28 September 2011 10.33am
Ex forces? What you mean??
I don't by the ex-viet story this time..
Many speak polish because I know the language.. many others english but seem to appear like mushrooms and their age is not old.. not even 30.

They booze on vodka all the time and being on rehab as you seem to suggest (if you know they are) is quite incompatible with constant binge drinking.. Also where do they find the cash?

Anyway, the issue is: peeing and pooing in the park in the sunshine (or by night) is not great isn't it?

I wonder what the police is doing? Surely there is a major issue with people like this gathering around.
Any solutions that could leave everybody happy?

The fact that my children (and I)could go where several people have just urinated is quite uncomfortable..

Moreover there are some pubs I would like to visit but sometimes I have been put off by this.. I wonder how the landlords cope with it.

I am quite liberal and socially considered but I am amazed how the autorities keep avoiding to talk about this or tackle this issue..
Wednesday 28 September 2011 11.15am
Orione, you will be happy to know that we wash the front of our pub with disinfectant every morning ( most of the publicans i know,do the same)
and most pubs dont allow the tramps in them.

I would question the statement made about tramps being ex-service. I know of a couple of big issue sellers that are ex service, but they are making an effort and not just being a public nuisance.

as for the rest , I wouldnt know where they are from as i dont stop to ask

cheers
phil
Wednesday 28 September 2011 11.20am
Apologies to all for the many typos in my previous post.. I should have revised it.. but I guess is still acceptable.
Wednesday 28 September 2011 1.11pm
I never said they were all ex forces did i?
The estimate is that 10% of homeless people in this country are ex forces,that figure rises in london.
I just thought it might be worth considering.
Wednesday 28 September 2011 1.41pm
orione wrote:
Ex forces? What you mean??
I don't by the ex-viet story this time..
Many speak polish because I know the language.. many others english but seem to appear like mushrooms and their age is not old.. not even 30.

They booze on vodka all the time and being on rehab as you seem to suggest (if you know they are) is quite incompatible with constant binge drinking.. Also where do they find the cash?

Anyway, the issue is: peeing and pooing in the park in the sunshine (or by night) is not great isn't it?

I wonder what the police is doing? Surely there is a major issue with people like this gathering around.
Any solutions that could leave everybody happy?

The fact that my children (and I)could go where several people have just urinated is quite uncomfortable..

Moreover there are some pubs I would like to visit but sometimes I have been put off by this.. I wonder how the landlords cope with it.

I am quite liberal and socially considered but I am amazed how the autorities keep avoiding to talk about this or tackle this issue..

I don't see the relevance of your point about them not being as old as 30,you can be out of the army and bang in trouble on the street by early 20s,and rehab is not just about alcohol either.
Yes there are a lot of poles around the parks drinking etc,they get their money from us,as do the rest.
Fact is,homeless people have been around here for as long as i can remember,and they have always frequented parks,what's new?
I guess some people would now like the area cleansed of them,becauase,they live here now.
Wednesday 28 September 2011 2.33pm
Boroughnian I thought I would write a long response to you, but your post is too waste and unfortunately too superficial to be addressed. Specially your vision on serious addictions and alcohol or social changes thorugh the time... need some review.

So I limit to state again my original point

Me like like others here talk about:

Peeing/pooing/littering in the parks.

Binge drinking (on strong alcohol) in the open air in front of children who play

Constant shouting of curse words (still infront of children)

Taking all available benches (available also for us? In theory..)

Last: These people need to survive and they don't do it through legality.. as you may agree

My post has nothing against being liberal, socially caring or anything like this. But rather being blind.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: