Litter festival outside Tesco on Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 29 September 2011 10.58pm
I am sure that anybody that lives on Long Lane has noticed the poorly managed litter bin outside Tesco. It is over flowing significantly on a daily basis, and the litter is blowing all around the street. I have complained to the manager, who has shown absolutely no interest and blamed people for putting their household rubbish in the bin. Whilst this may be true, I think Tesco can afford to empty their bin when it is full and if they are providing a bin they need to maintain it. I have written to complain to Tescos themselves twice and also to the council. If you are affected by this problem I would urge you to ask to speak to the manager yourself...his name is Raj. If enough people make their voices heard, I am hoping this problem will be amended. Thanks :)
Friday 30 September 2011 2.25pm
Thanks Boroughdude, I'll say something next time I notice anything.

The whole management of Tesco deliveries is poor: as there is no loading bay, Tesco lorries park on the street (obstructing traffic at times) whilst the frequent deliveries get in the way of pedestrians using the pavement. I am not sure if it is a matter of poor building design, poor planning or Tesco cutting corners. but the overall fee is that those who use Long Lane are treated as second class citizens.

Froggy

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: