Assault around Tower Bridge Rd

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 30 September 2011 1.06am
Have any other women been followed and then groped by a young male around Druid Street/Tower Bridge Road/Tanner Street? If you have, I urge you to come forward to the police. This needs to be stopped.
Saturday 1 October 2011 9.27pm
I know the intention of this post is honourable as a female that lives just off those streets the inference that a lot of women are being assaulted by the same man but no one is hearing about it and more importantly you have left no description of who this assailant might be has irked me. I am now scared but I don't who and what to be scared of. Please can you provide more background to this post. Forewarned forearmed and it's early dark nights now. Thanks in advance. And yes women please do report. Apologies if you have been attacked.
Saturday 1 October 2011 9.49pm
Julia you'll see a description in the news article on the home page.

I'm surprised - I've never felt unsafe around there. It's good to know we should be careful, I guess.
Saturday 1 October 2011 11.50pm
But that about Weston street 15 mins opposite direction.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 9.30pm
Hi anonMouse,

I totally agree, it's horrible not feeling safe in your local borough. Me and my friend have reported a similar crime on Maltby Street for a man that fits the same description. I'd urge anyone else who sees him to do the same thing and protect our local community. He was very threatening - these things should not be taken light heartedly.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.21pm
I had no intention of scaremongering. I simply cant give a description for legal reasons. He was arrested and released and has terms of bail that mean he most likely wont strike again. I simply want to urge anyone who has experienced this before to call the police as we need more witnesses to come forward to put a stop too this. My advice, take your ipod headphones out when walking home an
d just be more aware of your surroundings.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 10.25pm
Thank you for posting this anonMouse, it's the age old problem. We will be more aware and hopefully any other people who have had similar experiences will see this thread and get in touch.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: