Found a kitten

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 2 October 2011 7.07am
Has anyone lost a kitten?

I was getting some bits and pieces in a shop on the old kent road late last night and a woman came into the store with a kitten she said she'd found in the street. She asked someone to take the kitten as she couldn't take it home. No one else seemed keen so I took it. Has anyone lost it?

Not sure if it's a boy or a girl, it's dark brown/tabby on top with white belly and white lower face. Very scared to begin with but seems very friendly. I would love to keep it but I have a cat and he's a sensitive soul and won't like another cat in the home.

Have checked national pet register but no one claiming to have lost a kitten. Could be a stray of course.

I will take him to a rescue centre if the owner doesn't come forward. Alternatively if someone can offer it a good home let me know, caveat being that if the genuine owner comes forward he can claim it.
Sunday 9 October 2011 10.53pm
I think I know who lost that very young kitten. They don't seem to be the most cat responsible people in the world, so I suggest that rehoming if you can't keep the poor little might, is the best option.

it's mother is still a kitten herself (half a year old) and pregnant again. It made me cross to hear that.
Monday 10 October 2011 10.13am
This posts reminds me of when I 'stole' a cat! A relation of mine lived near Tower Bridge, one day we found this very young kitten on the street, found who it belonged to and returned it to the not so grateful owner who's comment was ' well he has to go out ' when we pointed out that the lorry wheels where we found him may have caused some harm as he was sitting directly underneath, the owner just shrugged, in the weeks that followed we saw him huddled in the rain looking very thin, so we decided he needed a holiday residence...in Hertfordshire! He died two years ago having had the most wonderful life adored by his owners at the age of 15, having ruled the roost and bossing the other cats they already had about! Had we knocked and returned him again he just would have ended up dead...
Monday 10 October 2011 10.25am
What a lovely story, Jan :-) Isn't it odd that some supposed 'animal lovers' haven't a clue how to look after them!

Hutch, my 14.5 year old [named after a singer you may remember] and I say "Well done you".
Monday 10 October 2011 11.00am
going to keep the little cutie. Took him to the vet and all is well, apart from worms which he has been treated for. will get him neutered too when he's old enough so there aren't any more discarded kittens on the streets :)
Monday 10 October 2011 11.14am
Thank you Philpotts...:-)

Lucy...yabbadabbah doo!:-) the Hertfordshire Moggy was given the name of Charley Farley, ended up a magnificent looking cat, fluffy black and white with a tail that stood up like a brush, a real character...thanks to his south london roots!
Monday 10 October 2011 12.22pm
Hi Lucy, good for you, what are you going to call him? We have two older cats we've rescued. Then a few weeks ago a young fluffy black cat turned up at our back door and wouldn't leave. Asked around but no one claimed him, so took him to the vets, he wasn't chipped, and was so skinny and his fur was so matted. He didn't like being shaved by the vet. There was a lot af hissing and spitting going on at home, but the vet said cats protection are overrun with strays at the moment. We've persevered, and finally they will curl up on the sofa together. Although he is obsessed with jumping on and chasing the poor old boys. We called him lucky, but think were the lucky ones to have him now. Hope you two boys settle in soon.
Monday 10 October 2011 12.44pm
This little kitten we are calling Winston. We called him Clementine as we thought it was a girl (what the mad lady in the shop said he was) and Clementine was Winston Churchill's wife - so we're calling him Winston!

My other cat, Alfie, is also a a rescue cat and he is not impressed by the whole situation, now he is restricted to the front room (and cat flap). Little Winston just wants to be friends but does silly things like chases Alfie's tail and tries to eat his food, even though Alfie is 10 times older and not too proud to take a swipe at a baby.

Nice to hear about others rescue stories. Good people of SE1 rescuing waifs and strays :)
Monday 10 October 2011 10.49pm
Well done Lucy, I am sure Winston will have a lovely life with you (and I'm sure Alfie will come round!)
Tuesday 11 October 2011 8.07pm
My neighbour very recently lost a little black cat, off Leroy St. He wasn't a kitten and was tagged so he isn't one of the lucky ones mentioned here. I think they're still looking for him though, so please cat lovers keep your eyes peeled
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network