Bermondsey Street Saturation Policy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
Tuesday 4 October 2011 2.19pm
This is a post for the headline about Bermondsey Street Terra Plana

I only heard about this 2 days before the end of the "consultation period" via a letter from Mark himself. Unfortunately there was no time for me to write and send the letter to arrive before the deadline.

"An action group has been formed by residents who say that there are already "extremely high levels of disturbance" "

I'm wondering who the "action group" is. I along with 6 other residents who live very close to this shop didn't know anything about it. So not to be impolite but the "action group" is not doing a very good job.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 3.01pm
which is a good thing as if its not a restaurant the chances are it'll be an estate agents....know which I'd prefer. The Action Group should be careful what they wish for.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 4.28pm
I agree on one point.

This area is becoming all and only about restaurants/bars.

It is like we have to simply satisfy the basic needs of the human being.. work, eat and sleep...

I am sure there are other businesses that can come in.. I would love it. If the WC gallery wasn't opening in Bermondsey street, I would go there only if I am starving..
Tuesday 4 October 2011 4.42pm
There's like 5 restaurants, one pub and a wine bar. It's hardly Tenerife! Personally I would love a couple more nice bars/restaurants and a pub. It's great not to have to go central or shoreditch etc when you fancy a bite to eat and some drinks. Bermondsey Street is becoming a centre for gastronomic excellence...or something ;) Don't let the noisy nimbys control the debate :)
Tuesday 4 October 2011 5.19pm
lucysalisbury wrote:
Don't let the noisy nimbys control the debate :)

Meaning?

What an odd post on the whole.. Tenerife..Shoreditch..

We are talking about a small narrow residential street...
Tuesday 4 October 2011 5.38pm
I understand you Lucy...personally I'd like a good Nick Jones run pizza place there, or failing that a Bar 69 Malia type joint just to stir things up!
Tuesday 4 October 2011 5.43pm
I take it Lucy you are not going to live near one of these places and your family will not be disturbed by late night noise and anti social behaviour etc??
Tuesday 4 October 2011 5.47pm
orione wrote:
This area is becoming all and only about restaurants/bars.
Well, it has had an opportunity over the last 10 years to become a more mixed shopping 'destination', but it appears that (at the moment at least) estate agents and bars / restaurants are the only businesses risking investment.

orione wrote:
I am sure there are other businesses that can come in.. . If the WC gallery wasn't opening in Bermondsey street, I would go there only if I am starving..

Of course there are, and no-one is stopping them, other than a good business case - which only those 'other businesses' can assess.

As to the closing comment, Orione, I assume you mean you will only walk along B/Street once White Cube has opened or in the unlikely event that you are starving. In your own words, what an odd post.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 6.18pm
Spartacus.. as you dissected my post I want to reply but then I prefer to hear residents of B street, and their views. I am not.

I clearly meant that the charm of a street is made up by the variety of choices present.
Personally I prefer more creativity as compared to more food.

The whole area around b street is about and almost only food/bars..

Charlotte street in TCR is a good example of only food beautiful street but nearby you have many different options.
It is not the case of B street so that would not make it a favorite destination for me.
Tuesday 4 October 2011 7.35pm
Whatever.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: