Lapdancing on Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
JQL
Tuesday 18 May 2004 12.32pm
Just want to draw your attention to a planned lapdancing club on Tooley Street. There is a planning application on 56-58 Tooley Street for a change of use from A3 (Restaurant/Winebar) to D2 (Live entertainment/Nightclub) to include the blacking out of windows. The planning officer is in favour of the applicationand even stated to me that he would encourage this type of use in this part of Southwark as he deems it to be a visitor attraction and of benefit to the tourists. He also steted on numerous occassions that there were no residents in the area and that no-one would be affected.

I am not normally one to complain about these things and am usually allegic to letter writing but his attitude really annoyed me especially as there is already to be another stripclub on the site of the old Club Wicked some 100 yards away.
The planner believes that there is room for more nightclubs in the area and discounts any increase in noise, rubbish etc or even that it would be a shame to black out the windows next to the bike shop (On Your Bike) who use their windows well.

I mentioned that it is next to visitor attractions where the customers are invariably children i.e London Dungeon and Britain at War but he said that even with the future Unicorn theatre that it wasn't a planning issue because they were moral objections and that the sight of posters of scantily clad women or the presence of them enticing customers into the arches was of moral concern only.

Anyway the application number is 04-AP-0450 and if anyone is minded to object they need to do so quickly as the application notices have repeatedly been torn down so that no-one knows about it. They did the same when they were applying for a 24 hour club in December.

Thanks

Tuesday 18 May 2004 12.35pm
Very interesting.

This is the former Blue Olive premises, in case anyone is wondering.

Details of the planning application

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 18 May 2004 1.51pm
more exciting than the Oak...
Tuesday 18 May 2004 1.59pm
SoBo is turning into SoHo....?

jan
Tuesday 18 May 2004 2.05pm
<<more exciting than the Oak...>>

Lapdancing is nothing. You should see what happens when excess of cider has been taken.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 18 May 2004 2.05pm
Mapmaker, you've not been to the Oak, or gazed upon the voluptuous loveliness of one of their steak and kidney puddings. If it's scrumpy-pumpy you're after, it's got to be the Oak!
Tuesday 18 May 2004 2.09pm
Please can we not have cider-mania in every thread guys?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Jon
Tuesday 18 May 2004 2.15pm
Well said!

if there is going to be lapdancing on Tooley, will there be dancing in the aisles, partying on the pavements, and carousing in the corridoors?
Wednesday 19 May 2004 11.53am
Not sure about that, Jon, but I did witness an amusing "dance" outside M&S last night.
Clearly, this geeza hadn't realised that not all the concrete blocks were dry. It was funny to watch him lie down on the carefully-constructed water feature block and then vertically rise about a foot in one swift movement.

And then of course to run around with a soaking bum and back !!!!!

Don't you just love summer.............?
Wednesday 19 May 2004 11.20pm
Ah, you know an area's up and come when it gets a lap-dancing club. Just what the areas been missing, IMHO.

OK - how does one object to these things?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: