The London Wall Project

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 18 May 2004 1.30pm
Some of you may know Steve Hollingshead (local photographic artist of some renown).

He is having his next exhibition at Teaspaceone Gallery, Shoreditch on 14th July. This exhibition is then moving on to City Hall for the whole of August.

It is the first manifestation of an ambitious 2 year undertaking entitled 'The London Wall project'.

London Wall Phase 1 involves presenting a 'wall' of over 300 small photos of London & its inhabitants 'at play'. This will encompass the varied events, from major festivals to local community activities which take place throughout London, demonstrating its diversity and vitality.

The long-term result of this project will be a major exhibition next year of 500 larger images, with additional projections and commissioned soundtrack. There will also be a book/catalogue to accompany the exhibition.

A project of this scale has never been attempted before, and has the enthusiastic support of BBC London radio broadcaster Robert Elms in the quest for locating some of London's more unusual public gatherings. Unfortunately we have just received notification that the Arts Council will not be supporting this initial phase of the project, so we are having to look at other ways of raising revenue for what is to be a fairly expensive enterprise.

SPONSOR A BRICK

With this in mind we are giving friends (and friends of friends...) the opportunity to be a part of this unique presentation by sponsoring one or more of the photos, or 'bricks' which will make up the London Wall.

On the ‘Wall' there are 300 bricks available. 52 have been sold already.

In return you will receive an invitation to the private view(s) for the exhibition at Teaspaceone Gallery; you will be credited as a supporter on publicity at the venues, and in the eventual book/catalogue for the 'final' exhibition.

You will also be able to claim your (randomly selected) brick (or bricks) to keep when Phase 1 of the exhibition is dismantled towards the end of this year (after an autumn presentation with an increased number of prints on display).

The cost is £10.00 a brick (each ‘brick' is 10"x8") and allocation is on a first come first served basis. You will receive notification of your sponsorship as soon as your payment arrives together with your invitation to the private view for the Shoreditch gallery.

Send to
S. Hollingshead
96, Webber St. SE1 0QN
Friday 21 May 2004 2.02pm
Sounds interesting, is there a web site or somewhere with more info?

"I knew I was cured"
Friday 21 May 2004 2.32pm
hmm, let me see if I can link it.
Friday 21 May 2004 2.33pm
http://www.takingthepics.com

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 8 June 2004 2.20pm by James Hatts.
Friday 21 May 2004 2.37pm
I'm sure he'd love to come and take pictures of a traditional London cidermaking day.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Anonymous User
Friday 21 May 2004 3.47pm
I can't find reference on the site to the London Wall Project, is this going to be in the "coming soon" section?
Friday 21 May 2004 8.46pm

good point, i will ask him. in truth i don't think the website is updated that regularly. i will ask steve if he is ok for his telephone number to be posted here for any enquiries.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 8 June 2004 1.30pm
Is there any more information on this yet? I can't access the website at all now.
Tuesday 8 June 2004 2.21pm
Birdie - I've edited the link above so that it works.

With this new version of the forum software it is no longer necessary to put web addresses in angle brackets - indeed, doing so prevents them from working properly, as you discovered.

(It is still necessary to preface a web address with http:// to make it clickable though.)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 8 June 2004 2.22pm by James Hatts.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 8 June 2004 2.30pm
Thank you! I still can't find anything about the project on the site. Red bus, do you have any further info?

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: