Power Cut - Pages Walk area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pops Tuesday 11 October 2011 6.49pm
Anyone else experience a power cut this evening for all of 10 seconds?!!!
darrenm Tuesday 11 October 2011 6.52pm
lasted for 2 seconds here on Grange Road...
beetroot Tuesday 11 October 2011 6.54pm
I had a dip of a fraction of a second. I've always convinced myself I'm on some back-up system here because it's so solid. I wonder if something to do with Guy's backs me up? Anyway, Pops, yes. Was yours long enough tht it turned your computer off?
lullylush Tuesday 11 October 2011 7.02pm
Yup, The school house on pages walk descended into darkness and then loadsa burglar alarms kicked off. Fun & games
Pops Tuesday 11 October 2011 7.08pm
beetroot wrote:
Anyway, Pops, yes. Was yours long enough tht it turned your computer off?
On my mobile!!!!
But yes Plenty of house alarms going off!!
Boss St Bloke Tuesday 11 October 2011 7.12pm
Ah yes - was a very quick one heard in Shad Thames area - took out my router and made a light flicker.

Auntie Pat Tuesday 11 October 2011 11.40pm
It lasted about an hour and a half at the Spa Rd/Bacon Grove end of Grange Rd - Amisha and Alaska buildings all blacked out. There was a bang and smoke coming from a manhole in the middle of Grange Rd, road sealed off by police. I was on a bus coming home when my flatmate rang to warn me - the bus got diverted up OKR and Dunton Road and I had to come home via the Setchell Estate as they weren't allowing anyone into Grange Rd at all.
Real-Crimes Wednesday 12 October 2011 12.09am
A man-hole exploded down the side of Shahi Tandoori on Grange Road and ended with a fire underground,most of Grange Road was taped off to traffic etc etc..
Gavin Smith Wednesday 12 October 2011 11.00am
We had a proper flickering of the lights for all of 10 seconds at about 7:45 p.m. last night

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions