Reliable PC repairs?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 16 October 2011 7.54pm
Hi. Please can anyone recommend a good pc repairs service? I have a dell laptop -long past warranty - and my most IT literate friend tells me it has a software problem. It won't boot, just sits with what is apparently known in IT circles as the Black Screen of Doom. Great. Any recommendations would be v gratefully received. Thanks
Sunday 16 October 2011 8.10pm
There is a place near me on Tanner Street that fix laptops. I have never used them so don't know how good they are. They have been around for a few years though.

Website here.

Map here.
Sunday 16 October 2011 9.51pm
I used them, they weren't that great unfortunately, they over charged and tried to fob me off with the wrong cable that had visible wires poking out
Monday 17 October 2011 8.19am
I've used the one on OKR. Its on the left hand side heading towards Tesco, near the curtain shop. They have PC's in the windows.
Monday 17 October 2011 9.33am
Thank you lovely SE1-ers both for suggestions and Julia for your experience. Pops I have taken your recommendation and said laptop is in their hands now. Will let you know how it goes. Cheers
Monday 17 October 2011 10.05am
Fingers cross all goes well :o)
Monday 17 October 2011 11.05am
How apt! After a difficult weekend with my Dell, I have managed to get online using System Restore...but have to do it every time.

I shall await lullylush's news with baited breath!
Monday 17 October 2011 12.12pm
i can do fault finding, more of a hobby of mine that i do for friends and family for a small cost
Monday 17 October 2011 12.16pm
Hi, wysiwyg - very interesting...I'll end you a private message....
Monday 17 October 2011 7.06pm
I too was disappointed with the repair shop on Tanner St - They were late, and charged me 150 + VAT for obtaining and installing a reconditioned part that, I later learned, would have been replaced free with a new one by Apple due to a known fault. I would have expected them to know that, or to have found out and let me know. I also didn't appreciate the ridicule of the man working there when I asked whether I could pay with my company chequebook... Naturally he's entitled to set his terms of payment but if I had that manner with my customers they wouldn't come back either.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: