Any Apple Trees In London?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 October 2011 4.50pm
Im after some apple trees that I can scrump off of!

Specifically Crab Apples (very small, can look more like big cherries) as these are inedible im sure the council (or you if you have one in your garden) wont mind me picking some instead of letting them rot on the ground!

So if you have seen some locally or have one and would be happy to let me come and pick some, please do let me know.
Wednesday 19 October 2011 5.40pm
Crab apple tree in Redcross Way, opposite Cathedral School entrance
Wednesday 19 October 2011 8.28pm
Crab Apple Jelly making? :-)
Wednesday 19 October 2011 11.27pm
This site here lists and maps a range of orchards in London - not all "open" for scrumping, but some are, and many parks are celebrating apple day on Saturday or Sunday this weekend, including Saturday afternoon in Nursery Row Park in SE17 by East St market (see here - in which I must declare an interest), and Camley St nature garden by St Pancras station on both days...
Thursday 20 October 2011 8.46am
Falmouth Rd and Spurgeon St both have massive apple trees. IIRC, there are crabs down Bath Terrace.

If you walk around and actively look for them, it's surprising how many apple trees there are in SE1.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 20 October 2011 9.28am
I'm sorry, I'm not posting the Council-owned fruit trees I scrump from on a public forum... just keep your eyes open!

The best were the quince bushes in Tesco's on the OKR, but they ripped them out.
Thursday 20 October 2011 2.00pm
They ripped the Sloes out a few years back near Tescos..bang went my sloe gin attempts...
blackthorns...
Thursday 20 October 2011 2.06pm
Thanks for the replies will head out in the suggested directions and try and make it to Nursery Row Park on Saturday!
Thursday 20 October 2011 4.05pm
I think there might be some overhanging from the school ground on Snowsfields too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: