Best pub quizzes in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 20 October 2011 5.23pm
I see that the Leather Exchange on Leathermarket Street/Gardens is relaunching its pub quiz next Tuesday. Good news, I reckon. But it inspires me to ask which other pub quizzes in the area are worth giving a try. Does anybody have any particular recommendations? And are there any subject specific ones out there, ie. film themes, etc?
Friday 21 October 2011 11.06am
The Roebuck has a good one. Weds I think. I've been a few times with friends. There's lots of silly prizes, and they put the entry fee (3?) into a pot and ask a really tough question at the end of the night and if you get it, you get the pot and if not it rolls over. This time last year we correctly guessed the number of barrels of gunpowder planted under parliament by Guy Fawkes and won about 600!
Friday 21 October 2011 3.27pm
The kings arms quiz has started up again on a monday night and it's always a good laugh.

Simon the tanner has a quiz night on a Tuesday. I haven't been, so I can't say if it's good or not.
Friday 21 October 2011 8.27pm
Roxy Screen does an occasional TV & Film quiz, which was a great night when we did it recently.

Next one in November

Must get round to the Kings Arms one on a Monday. Heard good things about it in the past.
Monday 24 October 2011 9.14am
There's a thread on the Socials bit of the Forum about pub quizzes - a group tried the Britannia quiz a couple of weeks ago and there's a bunch of us going there this Thurs... do join in :-) (Tried the Roebuck about a month back and was disappointed that it wasn't as fun as in the past - change of quiz master and the questions seemed very geography heavy which didn't suit me personally!
Monday 24 October 2011 9.19am
Dear SE1ers
I am delighted to announce my new Quiz in the main bar of the Grand Union, 111 Kennington Road, SE11 6SF.
On the corner of Kennington Road and Brook Drive, beside the grounds of the Imperial War Museum.
From 7pm Tuesday 25 October.
100 questions, inc picture and pop music rounds.
3pp entry fee. Teams of up to six.

Please email me to register a team. If you are an individual 'spare' who would like to join a team, plase let me know and I will find you a home. It would be great to go off with a bang so I do hope you will
come in droves to make the launch evening a monster success. Count the metaphors.

Food available. Quiz concludes by 10pm.
020 7820 8100
07711 972 871
Thursday 27 October 2011 6.00pm
They do one on Tuesdays at The Ship on Kennington Rd as well, which is alot nicer since the new owners took over. It's only 25 questions over 5 rounds (current affairs, picture quiz), plus usually questions identifying wines/beers/cheeses from the free samples on offer, and you should expect one or two ship themed questions, but if you want a more relaxed quiz that won't take over the whole night it's a decent option.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: