2011 Office Christmas Lunch

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 25 October 2011 3.43pm
Well I asked this question in 2007 and here I go again.

Due to a slightly obsessive edge to our office we're trying to book up our Christmas Meal. Does anyone know or can recommend somewhere nice and not too expensive to go? And maybe anywhere that should be avoided like the plague!

We're looking for something between 15 and 30 but idealy somewhere in the middle!

All suggestions gratefully accepted.
Wednesday 26 October 2011 9.10am
I've been looking around the London Bridge area, Strada are doing chrismas lunch quiet cheap. Most other places are 30-50 per person! Ouch!!!
Wednesday 26 October 2011 9.25am
Hi dronid,
We are offering Xmas themed lunches to local businesses down at Avonmouth House this December, and would definitely be able to work within your budget.

If you're not familiar, check out our website:
http://www.etcvenues.co.uk/venues/avonmouth-house

Feel free to contact me by PM if interested in coming in for a look.

Simon
Venue Manager, Avonmouth House
etc venues

p.s. sorry if this breaks any advertising rules.
Wednesday 26 October 2011 10.02am
There are a number of places around my work area doing xmas lunch - The Table (Nice spot in my opinion), The Refinery, Tas on Borough High street and EV at Southwark station. I went here last year and it was tasty and a lot of of food.

It might also be worth investigating the chain options like Pizza Express , Real Greek and Strada - Voucher codes usually have some good deals which you might be able to leverage (Or at least use as a negotiation point) for a group to reduce the price.
Wednesday 26 October 2011 3.58pm
How about Ortega (tapas) over the river in Leadenhall Market - their Christmas party menu is 20 per person (minimum 6 people). Haven't been yet (but going for a Chrismas lunch there in Dec) but their menu looks delicious.
Wednesday 26 October 2011 4.23pm
Cote in Hay's Galleria is always reasonable and the food is good, depends how many of you there are though. Constancia or Draft House on Tower Bridge Road might be worth a try for good grub / mid-range prices.
Friday 28 October 2011 2.55pm
Thanks very much. I shall check them out!
Friday 28 October 2011 3.35pm
taking my lot to butlers wharf chop house, have heard good reviews. the views look pretty impressive as well.
anyone been recently?
Monday 31 October 2011 10.41am
I quite liked the Brew Wharf as a venue for Christmas. Like all things depends on how many you are as table size is always an issue in so many places.

I see that place in Winchester Walke (le Pain Quotidien?) has a private dining room. Also what about the Banana store?
Sue

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: