Buying fireworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 31 October 2011 7.46pm
Does anyone a good place in or near SE1 to buy fireworks? Thinking of somewhere which sells them better than the sort you get in Lidl or Tesco.

Thanks in advance
Monday 31 October 2011 8.47pm
If the kids who were letting off rockets at cars on the New Kent Road on Saturday afternoon had stuck around I would have asked them where they bought theirs.
Thursday 3 November 2011 6.00pm
am also looking for where to buy fireworks too, can't seem find anywhere. thanks!
Thursday 3 November 2011 8.26pm
The sale of fireworks to the general public should be banned and illegal.

There are far too many corner shops who will happily sell them to any 9 year old little darling that has pocket money.

If folks want to see fireworks, goto and organised event.

Rant over.
Thursday 3 November 2011 9.19pm
Well I guess we should also ban the sale of all alcohol as children can sometimes get hold of it? Or do we just need to enforce the rules better?

Ah well, our search continues Spacedogs! :)
Thursday 3 November 2011 9.25pm
Here-here, BSB. I couldn't agree more. I'm sure every fire fighter and those who work in A&E at this time of the year would also agree.
For the last two weeks my evenings in front of the telly have been punctuated by the most horrendously loud bangs from people/kids letting off fireworks. I'm sure it's not my imagination when I say that the bangs get louder every year, because at my age my hearing should be getting less acute, not more.
On Saturday evening me and the family are going to watch a firework display on the beach at Shoeburyness. It's going to cost a fiver a head,(20) and will last about twenty minutes. Fireworks over water is an amazing spectacle, As an individual, I could easily spend a hundred quid on fireworks and not get half as much in terms of quality or quantity that I will see on Saturday.
A no-brainer if ever there was one.
Thursday 3 November 2011 9.28pm
lucysalisbury wrote:
Well I guess we should also ban the sale of all alcohol as children can sometimes get hold of it?

Yawn.

This thread is about buying fireworks and not about anything else.

Let's stop the sale of cars because folks get run over every day.
Thursday 3 November 2011 9.38pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
lucysalisbury wrote:
Well I guess we should also ban the sale of all alcohol as children can sometimes get hold of it?

Yawn.

Let's stop the sale of cars because folks get run over every day.

this is the reason i don't really bother with this forum much, unhelpful, rude and negative. Was only asking where to buy fireworks, not a lecture

all the best y'all but its not good for my health, bye!
Thursday 3 November 2011 9.51pm
It's not a lecture.

My point is that fireworks should not be on sale to the general public.

Bye.
Thursday 3 November 2011 10.11pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
lucysalisbury wrote:

Yawn.

Actually, the thread topic was a request for information on local shops selling fireworks. You chose to pop in with a suggestion to ban fireworks. The point about alcohol was to illustrate that banning things isn't always the answer.

You know I actually agree that fireworks are too readily available to children, but if I want to have a well-organised firework party for my friends and neighbors between the hours of 7pm - 8pm on bonfire night, I really can't see a problem.

I do wonder why people feel the need to make unhelpful and sometimes rude comments? Is it boredom?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: