New mother etc

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
CGB
Thursday 3 November 2011 11.52am
Hi All,

I recently became a first time mum and wondered if anybody has advice on a couple of things, such as:

-a good baby-friendly GP surgery? I am registered with Falmouth road and when it was just me I could put up with their awfulness, the rude staff and the delays to be seen. Not so much with a baby on tow! Do you know of a family friendly surgery in the catchment area of SE1 Borough?

- Local mother/baby grous in Borough? One of the hardest things to deal with in new motherhood (apart from the permanent sleep deprivation!) is the sudden isolation from the world!

Thanks everyone
Thursday 3 November 2011 12.40pm
oh dear I found Falmouth road were very good when i had my son-they ran mother and baby groups etc there on a Monday PM. It is a real shame if it has gone downhill.

having said that my friend has a 3 month old and lives down the OKR and does not think a lot of her surgery there-they offer far less than Falmouth Road in terms of support and the mid wife care she got was pretty awful compared to what I had a few years back.

I have heard Decima street are ok so you could try them
Thursday 3 November 2011 1.07pm
Hi,

The gym I go to (the circle spa) on Queen Elizabeth Street has recently started a 'water babies' group where mums take their little ones to learn to swim. I asked her what the minimum age is and they said "12 pounds or 12 weeks" for that particular pool, as the minimum requirements will vary depending on the temperature of the pool. If you would like more information, call Water Babies on 0208-285-1329.

No connection other than being a member of the gym and loving the people that run it!
Thursday 3 November 2011 7.17pm
Hi

I would suggest that you might like to join the Boroughbabies Yahoo Group:
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/boroughbabies/pending?start_at=1

We are a group of over 300 local mums.

There is lots going on in the area. For new mums there is a weekly meet up for pre-crawling babies at The Refinery every Wednesday morning from 10am.

Rebekah
Thursday 3 November 2011 7.19pm
Hi

I would suggest that you might like to join the Boroughbabies yahoo group - just search online.

We are a group of over 300 local mums.

There is lots going on in the area. For new mums there is a weekly meet up for pre-crawling babies at The Refinery every Wednesday morning from 10am.

Rebekah
Thursday 3 November 2011 10.53pm
hello and welcome,
depending on where you live, i can recommend princess street group practice, which is located just off the elephant+castle roundabout. don't be put off by the exterior, it is a fantastic surgery with very competent doctors and nurses (and midwives actually as well). all the staff are very friendly. esp considering what they sometimes have to deal with.
hope this helps
Friday 4 November 2011 2.07am
Hey - don't forget the dads out there, they need a little support sometimes too!
Friday 4 November 2011 10.13am
By the way I think each GP practice has a catchment area.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: