NHS Dentist?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 November 2011 12.49am
Can anyone suggest an NHS dentist in the area accepting new patients? I live near Roebuck Pub.
Monday 7 November 2011 4.35pm
I use the one at 305 Borough High Street (corner of Trinity Street so near you) - 020 7407 3883. They are good but you have to book a week in advance as they are popular.
Monday 14 November 2011 9.24am
Dr Vivien Wood, if she is still at Rotherhithe clinic:

G K OOI & ASSOCIATES
36 Brunel Road, LONDON SE16 6HZ
020 7237 8386
2 reviews
"Dr.Ooi is one of the best dentists around. Friendly staff and good prices. ..." -

or Jenny O'Reilly, now my regular excellent dentist

G K OOI & ASSOCIATES
302-304 Kennington Road, London SE11 4LD
020 7582 1668
Monday 14 November 2011 5.55pm
Try http://www.mpdental.co.uk/ in Jamaica Road, they are good and professional, using the latest & modern equipments
Wednesday 16 November 2011 1.37pm
jcpse1 wrote:
I use the one at 305 Borough High Street (corner of Trinity Street so near you) - 020 7407 3883. They are good but you have to book a week in advance as they are popular.

I wouldn't recommend them. Very chaotically run and rude in my experience.
Wednesday 16 November 2011 5.19pm
I like MP dental. I need to get some significant work done so will let you know how it goes.
Thursday 17 November 2011 2.37am
When does that experience date from, Truthmonkey? I've just joined and am about to have first work done. Understood the practice had recently been taken over or gained a new partner.
Thursday 17 November 2011 11.30am
I use the borough high street but want to change they never answer the phone hopefully you get through and the receptionist is very rude and not friendly at all. My father uses the one at the elephant and castle and says there good
Thursday 17 November 2011 2.24pm
Boroman wrote:
When does that experience date from, Truthmonkey?

Within the last 12 months.
Tuesday 22 November 2011 11.02am
I registered with the Grange Road Grange Dental Practice last week.

The reception staff were thoroughly rude and did not seem to know what to do. During my appointment, the door was left open the entire time so I could see people waiting in reception and they could see me with the dentists hands in my mouth. Oh, and after informing me that it is "free to register but you must take the 17 exam to register" - to which I reluctantly agreed - they then tried the classic con-trick upselling tactics to try and get me to hand over 47 instead. Also, they helpfully provided me with a prescription for Ibuprofen. Thanks a lot.

I certainly won't go back. But they are taking on new patients...

I'll also be keen to know of some local alternatives when I can complete my treatment respectfully from a trustworthy operation.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network