Elephant Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 November 2011 10.32am
I was, unusually, walking from Walworth Road to the Elephant, and I noticed a few more units open in Elephant Road. In particular there was a rather cute little coffee bar/cafe called something like 'Chatica' which looked quite fun. Anyone been there?
Monday 7 November 2011 10.45am
I agree Chavender, Elephant Road is acquiring a rather lively atmosphere, having always been some sort of backwater cut through, with nothing but warehouses and garages....havent tried the coffee shop...will do so!
Monday 7 November 2011 11.35am
Hi Jackie,

I think you should. It looks very clean and nice inside. I may try it one day when I go there to buy my wonderful Lithuanian bread from the shopping centre.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Monday 7 November 2011 1.19pm
I noticed this walking through the other day too! All sorts of interesting stuff springing up under the arches.
TAK
Monday 7 November 2011 2.01pm
I noticed it too but haven't tried yet. I think it did even have a small table on the outside. I think there is also a new hairdresser near it. Both have fully glazed fronts and looking good when dashing past.
Monday 7 November 2011 4.18pm
I'm a big fan of Chatica, great little family run business. There coffee isn't mind blowing (it does the job) but the empinadas are an excellent weekend snack.
Tuesday 8 November 2011 10.05am
I also just noticed it too when I went to see the Elefest last month. I tried to go for empanadas last Sunday at 5pm but it was aleady closed, damn. There is Chatica, a small bakery/cafe sort of place and next to it there is a big restaurant going all the way down under the arches. Maybe we could organise a SE1 social dinner there...
Tuesday 8 November 2011 11.35am
Just went and peered in this morning...seems quite an operation! Can we do lunch club maybe?
Tuesday 8 November 2011 5.23pm
What would be great would be to have a 'Latin American business awareness day' (with a better title, obviously) - I do feel self conscious going into some of them as I don't know what they sell and they are in very deep units.
Tuesday 8 November 2011 6.47pm
Perhaps if we have lunch there it will make us more aware. I am up for lunch anyway.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: