Custom-made roller blinds in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 8 November 2011 5.23pm
Does anyone have any recommendations of a company making custom-made roller blinds in SE1 or SE16? We've got a three metre wide window and want to find a place that can make one blind to span the entire window. Very wide, but the window's not that deep, so I hope weight won't be a problem. Don't know if this is possible, but all advice welcome both in terms of i) whether it can be done and ii) who might be able to do it.
Tuesday 8 November 2011 5.51pm
Google it. It might even be cheaper online. Here's one
Tuesday 8 November 2011 10.47pm
I used Denmay fabrics about 4 years ago for a couple of custom made blinds. Very reasonable price at the time:
Wednesday 9 November 2011 7.20am
We've used 'Peter the Pleater' on Great Eastern Street before. They were cheap and the blinds fine. I suspect other places would provide greater customer service but they were fine for what we wanted and certainly a lot cheaper than the alternatives.
Wednesday 9 November 2011 8.41pm
i was recommended peter the pleater by a neighbour.
i have been in there 3 times( it's nr liverpool st) and had 2 guys come round to measure up(2 seperate occasions)
they lost my measurements the first time, on the second i never heard back and when i called they never got back to me.
i really thought i'd support local business but i found it very frustrating.
Thursday 10 November 2011 8.41am
I've just been looking online about Peter the Pleater and it seems they have had problems with customer service (as hslc suggests). We used them quite some time ago so things may have gone down hill more recently.
Thursday 10 November 2011 12.53pm
I used, which I think might be the same as Peter the Pleater. They were a bit erratic for me too (losing measurements, having to book another measuring appointment, ultimately screwing them into the window frames not the ceiling as previously discussed etc), but I couldn't argue with the blinds themselves or the price (they knocked 20% off my second order because of the mishaps with the first). I'd recommend them but encourage micromanagement!
Saturday 12 November 2011 2.04pm
I've used Kellys Blinds in the past and they made good quality blinds at reasonable price. Sorry don't have their number as it's at work but you can Google them. Chap to speak to is Steven.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: