Anyone else annoyed In Great Guildford Street?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Thursday 10 November 2011 10.33am
Is anyone else getting annoyed with the constant noise coming from St Mungos on Great Guilford Street?

Every night some drama (Screaming/shouting) at all hours of the night going on outside St Mungos.
Also a right old booze up day and night on the stairs to the entrance.

I even called St Mungos about 23:30pm the other night to ask what's going on and they begged ME to call the police? The place is run like a joke as far as I am concerned and i think something needs to be done to protect the residents and local Business from complete misery.
Thursday 10 November 2011 2.20pm
YES!

I live in the flats behind St. Mungos and they drive my and I flatmate nuts. Apart from the anti-social shouting/drinking/loud music/swearing at all hours, they seem to have an annoying alarm going off all the time too.

Plus they hang around drinking and doing drugs in the little All Hallows church garden next door which makes it an unpleasant place to sit in.

Have rung them several times and they are always apologetic but never seem able to do anything about the noise and behaviour. They also sent us a letter inviting us to go round and have a look at all the great things they're doing at their facility! No thanks.

Ringing the Southwark noise nuisance number doesn't do much either...
Thursday 10 November 2011 2.41pm
Thanks Ohoo.

It will not be long before someone gets on this post and starts preaching the poor old blokeís story but I am afraid this post is not open to that chat this time.

I have very young kids that are always being awoken nearly every night by these antics and they see this place as the house of horrors. I donít mind the work being carried out by St Mungos but they do not seem to drum into their tenants the anti social behaviour bit. They are shutting soon for 2 years but will be back with double the capacity when it re-opens.

Why do the powers that be not place at least a 100 metre loitering ban outside St Mungos to stop all the partying and drug deals that happen right outside the front door of the place?
Thursday 10 November 2011 3.42pm
If you witnessed drug deals going on, it's your duty to report it to the police. I do agree that some of the people around St Mungo's can be quite intimidating, even during the day. Not sure what you mean by the old bloke's story, but I don't tar all homeless with the same brush. There are some very unfortunate people amongst them, and I refuse to feel otherwise about them because of some bad eggs.
Thursday 10 November 2011 6.52pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
If you witnessed drug deals going on, it's your duty to report it to the police. I do agree that some of the people around St Mungo's can be quite intimidating, even during the day. Not sure what you mean by the old bloke's story, but I don't tar all homeless with the same brush. There are some very unfortunate people amongst them, and I refuse to feel otherwise about them because of some bad eggs.

Here we go.. This is what drives me mad about this site, The same old people hovering for stories like this to get involved a tell me that I am in the wrong. Let me tell you that it would be my honour to invite you rent free to stay at my flat for a month and see how your eyeballs hold up at 7am in the morning for work week after week. And then let you explain to my kids what all the Fighting and noise is all about.

As i said no excusess for hanging about outside St Mungos when the Charity is trying to do something ggod for you, Anti social behaviour is not tolerated my friend by anyone whatever there story.
Zoe
Thursday 10 November 2011 7.26pm
I think you should email one of the councillors, as they can raise with the right team at Southwark who can get involved. We have a similar problem and the rough sleeper team are very good and do their best to try to sort problems out.
Thursday 10 November 2011 8.40pm
Windmill Walker wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

Here we go.. This is what drives me mad about this site, The same old people hovering for stories like this to get involved a tell me that I am in the wrong. Let me tell you that it would be my honour to invite you rent free to stay at my flat for a month and see how your eyeballs hold up at 7am in the morning for work week after week. And then let you explain to my kids what all the Fighting and noise is all about.

As i said no excusess for hanging about outside St Mungos when the Charity is trying to do something ggod for you, Anti social behaviour is not tolerated my friend by anyone whatever there story.

Calm down. For 8 years I took my kids past St Mungo's (and Mint Street Park) on the way home from school, and this in times when the area was rougher than it is now. I refuse to let this turn into a tirade against the homeless in general. I also refuse to be dismissed as someone who "starts preaching" and all that. I have stood up against local thugs of various ages and backgrounds, and have a large carpet knife scar across my chest to prove it. And as I said, if you witnessed drug deals going on, get in touch with the police.
Thursday 10 November 2011 8.41pm
"Here we go.. This is what drives me mad about this site, The same old people hovering for stories like this to get involved a tell me that I am in the wrong. Let me tell you that it would be my honour to invite you rent free to stay at my flat for a month and see how your eyeballs hold up at 7am in the morning for work week after week. And then let you explain to my kids what all the Fighting and noise is all about.

As i said no excusess for hanging about outside St Mungos when the Charity is trying to do something ggod for you, Anti social behaviour is not tolerated my friend by anyone whatever there story."

Calm down. For 8 years I took my kids past St Mungo's (and Mint Street Park) on the way home from school, and this in times when the area was rougher than it is now. I refuse to let this turn into a tirade against the homeless in general. I also refuse to be dismissed as someone who "starts preaching" and all that. I have stood up against local thugs of various ages and backgrounds, and have a large carpet knife scar across my chest to prove it. And as I said, if you witnessed drug deals going on, get in touch with the police.
Thursday 10 November 2011 9.19pm
Walking past and living next door are two different things all together Edward. This is not a bash at the homless as you keep wanting to suggest but at the noise created outside it.

As i said before come and experience the local misery caused by shouting and screaming after 11pm and see if you can get a nice nights kip. As i have stated i do not beleive St Mungos management do enough to stop these people hanging about outside with cans of beer on the doorstep and having arguments at the top of their voices for hours on end.

Also on the note of ringing useless Police that take in excess of 40 mins to attend when its all over is another story let alone them knocking on your door and asking usless questions the next day!!
Thursday 10 November 2011 9.36pm
It's all relative. Abusive parents of your kids' schoolmates, attacks, thefts, vandalism, threats, gangs, worrying about getting home after dark... I'd take a few drunks shouting any time over some of the stuff we've been through. And re the drug deals - take pics with your mobile.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network