Anyone else annoyed In Great Guildford Street?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Saturday 12 November 2011 10.48am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
This topic started with a post which itself tried to exclude anyone also affected but with differing opinions to start with. Then someone who is not at all affected, but who shares that intolerance of other opinions jumps in and starts using swear words. Do you actually want a solution, or do you just want to have a go at everyone that doesn’t share your opinion or your life choices? This is a community forum. Anyone express their opinion. People who have different opinions from yours will not just go away, insults are not going to drive me away for one, and unless a sensible, workable solution is found, the St Mungo’s problem is not going away either. Nobody wants homeless people at their worst, but many might be more sympathetic or contribute constructively if their opinions weren’t swept under the carpet in a tone that has more in common with the subjects of this topic than with responsible locals.

Let me be very clear.. This post that i have created is for people that are directley affected with this issue. There will always be people wanting to direct this post in another direction and start a war of words but i only want local people that are affected by St Mungos giving their opionions on the subject.
Saturday 12 November 2011 11.26am
Windmill Walker wrote:
Let me be very clear.. This post that i have created is for people that are directley affected with this issue. There will always be people wanting to direct this post in another direction and start a war of words but i only want local people that are affected by St Mungos giving their opionions on the subject.

tough

eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
This is a community forum.
Saturday 12 November 2011 11.39am
beetroot wrote:
Windmill Walker wrote:

tough

eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
This is a community forum.

I do notice the same usernames interupting and diverting posts on unsocial behaviour time after time... So sad (In my opinion)I might even start a post just about people like you.
Saturday 12 November 2011 12.35pm
Some people just like to argue yes it a forum but the first post was re the antisocial behaviour. So I guess it is tough and we have other views best to just ignore them and work on reporting to the police and st mungos...and until something happens,put up with people swatting for a toilet in the street whilst you walk by.abuse and shouting scaring innocent children who don't understand...
Saturday 12 November 2011 12.55pm
Holly wrote:
Some people just like to argue
Wow some people are thick.

The second post was Windmill Walker starting the argument by 'distracting' from the original post. Then went on to accuse others of doing it. Can't you people read?
Windmill walker, are you referring to the thread/topic (yes learn what a post is) where I mentioned a meeting about the homeless in Leather Market Gardens that helped resolve the anti-social behaviour for a while? Or threads where I've encouraged people to call the noise team without alerting noisy culprits first so the noise team can collect proof? No thought not.
I don't think the behaviour of people around mungo's is acceptable, but what you people can't understand is that many of us don't find it necessary to lose compassion whilst seeking change. Maybe you didn't have any to lose.
Saturday 12 November 2011 3.47pm
beetroot wrote:
Holly wrote:
Some people just like to argue
Wow some people are thick.

The second post was Windmill Walker starting the argument by 'distracting' from the original post. Then went on to accuse others of doing it. Can't you people read?
Windmill walker, are you referring to the thread/topic (yes learn what a post is) where I mentioned a meeting about the homeless in Leather Market Gardens that helped resolve the anti-social behaviour for a while? Or threads where I've encouraged people to call the noise team without alerting noisy culprits first so the noise team can collect proof? No thought not.
I don't think the behaviour of people around mungo's is acceptable, but what you people can't understand is that many of us don't find it necessary to lose compassion whilst seeking change. Maybe you didn't have any to lose.

The thick person here mate is you. What do you know about living next door to this place? It is also a "no Brainer" to call the police or have a meeting with the powers that be, so i call that a thick suggestion. What I am intrested however is other people that are suffering like my family from the antics that go on night after night around here.
Saturday 12 November 2011 4.12pm
Enough arguing, thank you.

Windmill Walker - whilst I don't condone the tone and language of some of the responses you have received, it is not appropriate for you to dictate who can and can't respond to your thread.

Bickering aside, it seems narrow-minded to presume that anyone who is not an immediate neighbour of yours will have nothing of value to bring to the discussion.

I don't think anyone has condoned the sort of antisocial behaviour that is widely acknowledged to happen around Great Guildford Street.

bdim was right yesterday - "let's not turn this into a ridiculous ideologically driven 'for' or 'against' argument about homelessness". It's an absurd waste of time and energy.

To Edward, beetroot et al - I am very grateful that you are expressing the general sentiment that you have [I find some of the more extreme posts on this thread and others about vulnerable people to be very troubling/depressing/infuriating] but you are in danger of undermining your own argument with incivility.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 12 November 2011 4.14pm
Saturday 12 November 2011 6.39pm
So mark Adams had a right to answer to...no arguing here just from the usual suspects...
Monday 14 November 2011 7.54pm
OK, here's my suggestion: I'd call the St Mungo's manager, Nick Wing. Explain your grievance, and try and understand the difficulties St Mungo's themselves face - in your own words, they begged you to call the police, and dealing with non-St Mungo's residents who visit their mates, who are outside their jurisdiction, is problematic. Sounds like they're not happy about the situation either, so try and establish a common ground, form a united front, arrange to meet with them to put a face to the name, set up a plan and go and talk to the "authorities". Nothing more powerful than 2 groups with different causes but common goals. I won't promise you it'll work, but worth a shot if you ask me.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: