The Good, the Bad and the Queen tonight

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 November 2011 3.46pm
Friday 11 November 2011 3.25pm
Did anyone get to this and how was it from the riverbank? I cycled past about 5pm and could see the stage all ready to go. Couldn't stop as was organising another, smaller gig (there are more coming up: http://www.brunel-museum.org.uk/events.aspx) at the Brunel Museum a bit further along the river. Just saw the Rainbow Warrior go past Rotherhithe a couple of hours ago.
Friday 11 November 2011 3.49pm
I watched from the ABO. It was cold and you couldn't hear the music properly,so a lot of peple were chatting which didn't help. It was more a novelty factor rather than a proper gig.
Friday 11 November 2011 4.17pm
The Greenpeace gig at the Coronet last night, on the other hand, was brilliant. Damon Albarn seems to have a different side project to play with every day of the week. The Coronet is a bit of a missed opportunity though - great sound, and really well set up for a gig venue, but as filthy and run-down a venue as I have ever been to. I thought someone was spending some money to do it up...?
Friday 11 November 2011 4.22pm
AndyABC wrote:
The Greenpeace gig at the Coronet last night, on the other hand, was brilliant. Damon Albarn seems to have a different side project to play with every day of the week. The Coronet is a bit of a missed opportunity though - great sound, and really well set up for a gig venue, but as filthy and run-down a venue as I have ever been to. I thought someone was spending some money to do it up...?
Maybe, as an antidote to all the Carlings, O2s and whatever else ertswhile legendary venues are now called, Greenpeace could take it over for regular gigs. The Greenpeace Coronet? Hmmm. Or jsust stick with The Coronet.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: