Honking Horn at 6am on Tanner St!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 13 November 2011 11.28pm
Hello, have any other forum users been disturbed by a driver blasting his horn on at least 3 seperate occasions over the last week on Tanner St before 6.30am? I think they may be picking up someone from the Think Apartments.
Monday 14 November 2011 9.55am
I sympathise. As far as I know, it's still illegal to sound your horn when stationary, but this inconsiderate, thoughtless behaviour isn't peculiar to your area. We get people dropping friends off in our road, particularly at weekends, in the early hours after a night out and they think it necessary to give a couple of long toots on their horn as a farewell salute. The thought that everyone else is asleep, (or trying to be,) don't cross their minds. During the day, mini cabs often stop outside a house to pick up a fare and sound their horns. People who've been on night shift, (e.g. the nurse who lives next door to me,) or those with sleeping babies, aren't given a moment's thought. I'm sorry to say you won't change that mentality.
Monday 14 November 2011 1.14pm
Indeed, or the seeming inability of 20% of drivers to negotiate a junction without sounding their horns. So much horn use I see is inconsiderate, unnecessary, and merely an outlet for driver aggression. This anti-social behaviour should be tackled with much more frequency than it is. I completely share your frustration.

I've got no practical suggestions at all though, I'm afraid. Good old earplugs maybe?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: