What was it?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 19 May 2004 10.28pm
Did anyone see, today on the river, being towed upstream, something that looked like an enormous snowman on a barge?

Any explanations?
Monday 24 May 2004 9.06pm
Sure it wasn't Concord again?
Monday 24 May 2004 11.15pm
Didn't look even one little bit like Concorde. It looked like a 20 or 30 foot tall snowman. I couldn't tell from a distance whether it was real snow or not. I cant believe no-one else has mentioned it. And before you suggest it was to do with too much of the C-word (James doesn't allow us to use the word 'cider' on here any more), at least 2 other people I asked saw it but hadn't got a clue what it was about either.
Monday 24 May 2004 11.29pm
There's nothing on the PLA's river diary for 19 May, and I can't find anything else about what it might have been.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 25 May 2004 6.46am
Michael Jackson repeating his barge trip from a few years back? this time in disguise!

jan
Tuesday 25 May 2004 8.25am
It was Cap'n Frosty, on his way North for the Summer.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 25 May 2004 11.06am
Looks like it will remain an SE1 mystery.
Wednesday 26 May 2004 8.27am
I have an inkling it is to do with a very very very bizarre Swiss custom examples of which you can read about here and here but the whole thing is so bizarre, I'm not even going to try and tell you what it's about. Let's just say that I now know it is incorrect to say that the sole Swiss contribution to culture is the cuckoo clock...
Anonymous User
Wednesday 26 May 2004 10.43am
I was in Zurich the week after the exploding snowman - the friend I was staying with says it is quite an event. Apprently, the quicker his head explodes the better the summer will be!
Wednesday 26 May 2004 10.46am
Wrong time of year for exploding Swiss snowmen, I think that the most likely and rational explanation is that you saw a big ghost.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: