Plumber or someone that can fit a shower pump?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 November 2011 7.52pm
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the SE1 area and new to the forums. (Well I've lurked for a week)
Have just been lucky enough to be given the keys to a flat on Staple Street, aside from the salmon pink, bright green and purple colour scheme its great!
One major problem though, the hot water practically dribbles out of the taps, which makes the mixer shower a friend fitted for me useless. Cold seems fine.

The water system seems to consist of a cold water tank at ceiling level in the kitchen, which feeds a boiler also in the kitchen, which sends water to a storage tank, also in the kitchen at floor level. I'm on the 4th (top) floor.

With the shower head at tap level the flow is very slow, at the height it needs to be for a shower it all but stops.

Am I right in thinking a pump will fix this problem? Can I have one just fitted to the hot water? The hot tank is easy to get to at the moment and theres electricity just above it. If I were to get a pump, is there a local person who could fit it? Any reccomendations greatly appreciated. I'm scared of the figures and teeth sucking I might face if I just call a plumber from the yellow pages, watched too much Rogue Traders it seems!

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Tuesday 15 November 2011 10.41pm
An electrically heated shower unit may be easier and cheaper, using the cold water pressure and heating it as required. A shower pump may draw too much water for a small hot water cylinder to supply.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: