Horrible accident on NKR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 November 2011 7.53pm
Not sure what happened, but seems very tragic. Should be a message to Boris that this community needs REAL livable streets.
Tuesday 15 November 2011 9.01pm
So, until you know 'what happened', and can communicate that and comment with a background of knowledge, why post this 'message' to Boris?
Tuesday 15 November 2011 9.03pm
Fair point.
Tuesday 15 November 2011 9.20pm
What has happened?
Wednesday 16 November 2011 1.00pm
Given the way people wander across the busy traffic at the Elephant end of the New Kent Road I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there was a horrible accident. Bring back the Green Cross Code adverts.

Having said that I've no idea what has happened.
Wednesday 16 November 2011 5.10pm
james127 wrote:
Not sure what happened, but seems very tragic. Should be a message to Boris that this community needs REAL livable streets.

How do you know it's "horrible" then?
Wednesday 16 November 2011 5.29pm
I mean, I didn't want to go into gory details...
Thursday 17 November 2011 6.54am
Davies wrote:
Given the way people wander across the busy traffic at the Elephant end of the New Kent Road I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there was a horrible accident. Bring back the Green Cross Code adverts.
Having said that I've no idea what has happened.

No idea what happened on NKR but I totally agree with Davies there is just no common sense with pedestrians crossing roads these days. I cycle to work on Tooley Street through E&C and almost everyday have to shout warnings to people stepping into the road without looking. They are often have earphones on or are on the mobile. They then look at me if I'm the crazy idiot. Govt need to bring back the Green Cross Code and Stop, Look, Listen even if just adverts on telly.
I see so many people crossing the extremely busy NKR from the E&C shopping centre side to get to the bus stops. People often get marooned in the middle of teh road with traffic flying past them on either side
Thursday 17 November 2011 8.18am
james127 wrote:
I mean, I didn't want to go into gory details...
You've already said you've got no idea what happened, so what details would you be able to go into?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 17 November 2011 9.24am
I don't know the cause of the accident, but I saw that it was very bad in terms of effect.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: