Thai food

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 20 May 2004 10.31am
Got to be said - the Scotia on Bermondsey Street - not a bad boozer and love the garden in the sun, but the Thai food there - just love it!!

And all for the price of a sarnie and a bag of dry roasted...

Bien joué!!
Thursday 20 May 2004 3.01pm
Just tucked into the beef red curry with a pint of Extra Cold - lip-smacking good...

Garrison heaving so will go there later.

Bien joué!!
Friday 21 May 2004 10.39am
Good tip. Will try there soon. Do you know if they do food at weekends?

[The Ring opposite Sthk tube is another simple, good, cheap Thai food pub, and quite handy for meeting when all the other places on the Cut are full]

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 21 May 2004 10.54am
anyone know if it'd the same bloke up at The Scotia as the one that did the food when it was the Woolpack? Maybe that was a little more indonesian but it was dead good and cheap too. Hope so anyway.

Ta for the tip. Much veggie stuff?

"I knew I was cured"
Friday 21 May 2004 11.34am
Yes - think all the dishes can be served as a veggie option... You just choose a dish and then the meat if you like...

It's bloody good and not sure about the weekend food but might be there at lunch so will let you know!!

Friday 21 May 2004 5.29pm
Ruck & Maul, why don't you organise a lunch outing to the Scotia for all your forum friends?
Friday 21 May 2004 6.55pm
Yes, I'd come along. Would love to meet you in your 'at peace with the world' mode!
Monday 24 May 2004 9.28am
Ha ha - even though it is Monday morning I am feeling very much at peace with (most of) the world...

Am sure will be there at some point this week with the sun making a very welcome appearance!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: