Oyster/travel card refunds

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 22 November 2011 11.23pm
so, all this talk about us Londoners (and locals!) having to 'avoid' the tube or bus to work when the olympics is going on, where's the refund for our travel cards and inconvenience? I don't get it, why has no one so far high up arranged for us all to have either cheaper annual renewal costs for next year, or at the least, August and July for free, being as we will no doubt end up having to walk everywhere or 'work from home'/annual leave!
Tuesday 22 November 2011 11.24pm
this is what I mean - being told to avoid London Bridge. we're se1, we can't!

Wednesday 23 November 2011 10.18am
I was hoping for a 25 handout so we can enjoy that extra pint after work!
Wednesday 23 November 2011 7.55pm
tube drivers get 500 extra not to go on strike when the olympics is on give me that and ill take the time off work then again tube drivers are greedy and i hope we soon get driver free tubes just like the dlr
Wednesday 23 November 2011 9.34pm
onlyme73 wrote:
then again tube drivers are greedy

I certainly think they are overpaid for the job in hand - but they take what TFL offer based on what RMT has negotiated.

Does that make them "greedy" - I'm not sure. Would you say no?
Thursday 24 November 2011 1.35pm
@onlyme73 - "...a report from the High Pay Commission in the UK this week showing that executive pay has risen sharply.

"The pay of the head of Barclays bank has increased nearly 5,000% in 30 years, while average wages have increased just threefold
" (source)

And you're on here complaining about other workers getting a one off payment.

Rather than complaining about what other workers can negotiate, why don't you get your union to ask your employer for something similar?
Thursday 24 November 2011 8.01pm
Also, driving a tube is a really responsible job, with mine and your life literally in their hands, I'd rather they paid them a little bit extra and they weren't disgruntled! It's hardly the fault of the tube drivers that we are getting the Olympics.

I agree with Bloggie, how are we meant to get around? Will it be like having 6 weeks of snow, and we all run out of food :-)
Thursday 24 November 2011 9.54pm
so you all say its right 4 them to get a bonus not to strike when the olympic games is on and when its all done they will strike and we suffer again o and i bet the tube runs like clockwork like i say greed and tube driver go together like fish n chips
Friday 25 November 2011 8.22am
When it comes to threats and greed, the tube drivers are amateurs compared with the bankers:
Banks threaten to leave London if sector is reformed
And highly paid bosses:
Diageo CEO threatens to leave UK due to 50p rate

Keep your eyes on the real greedy thieves and stop believing what you are fed by the Mail/Express/Standard.

ps Your desire that hundreds of people should lose their jobs because their standing up for their working conditions and our safety occasionally inconveniences you is despicable.
Friday 25 November 2011 2.50pm
Rather than complaining about what other workers can negotiate, why don't you get your union to ask your employer for something similar?[/quote]

Not everyone has a union, probably most people don't, I am self employed, trying really hard to keep going, nobody will increase my salary by the rate of inflation or anything else, nobody increases my pension, oh hang on I don't have one, I can't afford it. In the current economic climate I have to lower my prices to keep my head above water while at the same time paying increased travel fares to stop the tubeworkers with their guaranteed jobs and pensions more money so I can carry on getting to work. Ahhh deep breaths and think of my happy place.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: