Bike thefts - Lynton Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 November 2011 12.37pm
I've just read EleanorT's post regarding an attempted bike theft, and it seems to be on the rise here.

Last night my block of flats was raided by theives after bikes. Somehow they managed to get in through the communal door (no forced entry, so they either have a key, were let in, or the door was left off the latch) and then went through the bike sheds in the 'secure' yard.

When I came down from my flat this morning, all of the doors on the sheds were open and my bike (among others) were all missing. This is my bike: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5171/5574090370_801e5e8b68_b.jpg which is quite distinctive so if anyone spots it please let me know.

This has been reported to the police, who are following up, especially as a similar incident happened only a few weeks ago with the postboxes being targeted that time.

Anyway, be vigilent all of you, make sure you have the serial number of your bike written down somewhere, and ideally recent photos too. Insurance and good locks are a must these days, sadly.
Thursday 24 November 2011 5.18pm
This has happened in our block three times this year. They even nicked a motorbike which was alarmed. from the cage in the middle. on cctv 4 x teenagers with a van.
Thursday 24 November 2011 11.03pm
Julia7239 wrote:
This has happened in our block three times this year. They even nicked a motorbike which was alarmed. from the cage in the middle. on cctv 4 x teenagers with a van.

Hi Julia - very sad to hear that you're suffering from the same problems as well.

Do you also live on Lynton Road? Was it forced entry? Are your buildings also owned by L&Q? Appreciate that you might not want to put these details on a public forum, so feel free to PM me!
Friday 2 December 2011 2.32pm
Hello - No but I live not far. In fact four new builds near me have all had their bike cages broken into in the last few weeks - AGAIN! Forced entry and on scooters in some instances.
Friday 2 December 2011 4.27pm
Please [url=mailto:office@grahamneale.com]email[/url] me so I can make sure the local police know what's going on, and generally get the message out to locals.
Thanks
Cllr Graham Neale

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: