Christmas Tree - anywhere else apart BM and B&Q?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 2 December 2011 8.01pm
I noticed today, Friday, that Dave the greengrocer on Lower Marsh market had a variety of size trees, all looking good. His stall is the first you come to in the market from Waterloo Road.
I would like to point out to shoppers in general that there is now free parking on Lower Marsh for thirty minutes every day of the week. So go support your local businesses they need your help to survive the economic onslaught they are suffering.
Saturday 3 December 2011 4.36pm
Bought my tree in East Street today. (I think) Nordman Fir, about 6.5 feet tall for 30. (45 at Homebase according to their website) I was offered a log stand for it but declined because they're next to useless indoors! I'd recommend the stand Lidl sell for about 15 - you press a pedal to clamp the tree in place, has a water level indicator and a 5 year guarantee. Other places selling very similar ones for at least twice as much!
Zoe
Saturday 3 December 2011 5.10pm
Were there any in pots? I'm still looking for somewhere local to get one (I couldn't see any on East Street when I was down a couple of days ago) but Battersea have some which isn't too far away.
Saturday 3 December 2011 5.22pm
Zoe wrote:
Were there any in pots? I'm still looking for somewhere local to get one (I couldn't see any on East Street when I was down a couple of days ago) but Battersea have some which isn't too far away.

I didn't notice any potted ones, but then I was only looking for a cut one. I did buy a potted one in East Street two years ago though.
Saturday 3 December 2011 5.37pm
Went to Gt Suffolk Street but the trees in both shops were on the small side, and we they were already wrapped, so we couldn't really see what they looked like. Went to BM as I was getting a bit desperate and found a tall, full, beautiful tree which I managed to haggle down from 60 to 45, so pretty pleased in the end!
Saturday 3 December 2011 6.04pm
There is a chap selling them outside the big Tesco Extra in Surrey Quays/Canada Water. Sorry but I was only passing through and didn't look at their quality but thought I'd mention it.
Saturday 3 December 2011 6.39pm
Agreed. Eric's on Great Suffolk Street has the best trees. I have bought them there, every year for past 5 years.
Saturday 3 December 2011 9.11pm
Just to say that I bought a lovely tree from the greengrocer's market stall on Lower Marsh for less than the sort of prices quoted above.
Sunday 4 December 2011 8.52am
I as well ended up buying at Borough Market for 35 pounds (late Sunday shopping). As no other place satisfied me. It is a beautiful 6 foot tree. Dark green and rich in leaves. I believe decorations are going to cost me more now....:(
Sunday 4 December 2011 10.05am
We bought some tree decorations at the Globe. A bit pricey, but they look beautiful on the tree.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network