Mayoral Election

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 November 2011 11.09pm
I just had this from City hall
Thankyou for you email of 31 October to the Mayor. It has been passed to me to reply to as one of the planners in the Planning Decisions Unit.

The London View Management Framework has been updated since Boris Johnson became Mayor and through this the viewing corridors have been widened further protecting views in London. This reversed Ken Livingstone's decision to narrow the corridors. In addtion an additional view has been added from Parliament Square, giving the World Heritage Site additional protection. Furthermore the requirements for information to be provided when developing in or near to the views have been clarified and tightened up. In addition the London Plan 2011 changes the emphasis from maximising a site's potential to optimising its potential taking account of local context.

The view of the Orbit is not a protected view and it would not be possible to protect all views in London as this would constrain development and impact on the economy and the ability to deliver the other aspirations set out in the London Plan. I am not sure which tower block on Stratford High Street you refer to however it should be noted that the majority of the tower blocks proposed for the high street were consented prior to Orbit.

It should be noted that the Angel of the North, whilst being near to a motorway, is situated in open land which would not be a favoured location for tall buildings in any case.

With regard to the Walkie Talkie and Vauxhall Tower these were approved on appeal when Ken Livingstone was Mayor.

Your sincerely

Emma Williamson

I will probably vote for Brian Paddock and another candidate not Ken Livingston.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: