Elephant And Castle Bus Stops Vs Fruit Stall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 1 December 2011 9.44am
Anyone know who enforces trading conditions on the stalls along the southbound side of the E&C, by the shopping center? The fruit and veg stall is encroaching out further and further, it's a busy pavement & bus stop and it's not considerate for people trying to get by.
Thursday 1 December 2011 10.17am
Highways, pavement inspector. Is it really that bad there?
Thursday 1 December 2011 10.26am
Thanks.

I'd say yes - they had two pallets deep of stuff outside yesterday, using about 40% of the non-bus stop pavement area.
Thursday 1 December 2011 10.40am
I don't know whether those stalls come under the same management as the market in the sunken area around the shopping centre. If so, it's run by Urban Space Management - contact details at http://www.elephantmarket.com/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 1 December 2011 10.46am
Thanks James

I'll write them too.
Thursday 1 December 2011 12.19pm
Do you mean the one by Elephant Road..or the one outside the Tube station on London Road?
Thursday 1 December 2011 12.30pm
I mean the one on the Elephant and Castle, by the south western edge of the shopping centre.

I think it's this unit here: http://tinyurl.com/c3raxfd

The Market says they are managed by St Modgens and the shopping centre, I've emailed.
Thursday 1 December 2011 6.34pm
Ahhh. that one. Hmmm.
Thursday 1 December 2011 11.17pm
a long-established trader offering well-priced fruit and veg - what sort of problem are they presenting? i'd be more inclined to complain about the amount of space Tesco takes up in the borough!
Friday 2 December 2011 7.43am
I tell you a great idea. Walk up to the stall ask to talk to whoever is in charge, put over your points to them. If they do not have a legal right to use the space and will not move it, then complain!
Real
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: