Waterloo-Heathrow line..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 1 December 2011 6.35pm
Gosh, If this really came off it would be terrific.
TAK
Thursday 1 December 2011 7.26pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Gosh, If this really came off it would be terrific.

Agree
Thursday 1 December 2011 7.51pm
And they brought the eurostar back as well....

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 1 December 2011 10.31pm
It would, indeed, but I believe they'd have to do something about the level-crossings on the way to Richmond; with more trains on this line, they'd never lift.
Thursday 1 December 2011 10.33pm
Oops - just read the news story. I see they've thought of that.
Thursday 1 December 2011 11.17pm
The idea that this would not increase the trains over the level crossings is absurd. The new proposals include all the infrastructure that was in the old plans ( 800 million) PLUS a completely new station in Staines on a new site.

Only a complete innocent would believe that this could be justified to divert two existing trains an hour. As soon as that infrastructure exists more trains will be put on. If Network Rail wants efficient transport links it must first replace the level crossings (Egham has 4 in two miles) with bridges or tunnels.
Friday 2 December 2011 10.28am
It'd be fantastic if this happened. Getting to Heathrow is such a bore from here.
Friday 2 December 2011 8.20pm
I'd say that Waterloo is actually a lot more central than Paddington (certainly for the City) and is better connected by tube lines. There is also platform space available in the old Eurostar terminal (scandalously left unused for several years). A stop at Vauxhall could plug into the massive new development planned at Nine Elms (US Embassy) and Battersea.

Really hope this project goes forward to the planning stage.

Lambeth and Southwark should at least support Wandsworth Council in prooting this link. Hopefully Valerie Shawcross will also put her weight behind this.
Friday 2 December 2011 10.24pm
Agree with a lot of the above, except who wants to go to Heathrow? I will go to great lengths to avoid that circus, including flying out of City and changing elsewhere in Europe.

Just back into City from Luxembourg. on time. Home in 40 minutes.
Friday 2 December 2011 10.43pm
Would be great... But crossrail is going to give London a fast link to heathrow. But the way this government is so short sighted about heathrow expansion we should be more concerned about fast high speed rail to Paris, bruxelles and amstrerdam!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network