Lots of Police on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 2 December 2011 10.35am
Anyone know what was happening on Tower Bridge road?
I saw around 3 police cars and 2 vans screaming up the wrong side of the street on the way to work.
By the time I got to Borough High St another van and car were attempting to navigate up Borough High St before turning down Dover St to presumably head up Tower Bridge Road.

I swear I also saw a chinook flying above/near the Shard but that may be unrelated.
Friday 2 December 2011 10.52am
Nasty accident at the junction of Tower Bridge Road and Abbey Street, apparently.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 2 December 2011 11.05am
Thanks James, all the buses in the entire area have been stopped and passengers alighted, which is causing traffic havoc.

Bermondsey street and Long Lane are deadlocked.
Friday 2 December 2011 11.11am
That spot has a long history of road accidents I am sure? Does any one keep a record now. In the good old days there was a sign outside the town Hall in Walworth road, that kept a tally of road accidents, fatal and non-fatal. Does southwark still have a road safety DEpt.,?
Friday 2 December 2011 12.28pm
Just heard that there has been an accident on Abbey Street, a young girl knocked off her bike.

Any news?
Friday 2 December 2011 12.30pm
[threads merged]

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 2 December 2011 12.35pm
I spoke to a lady who saw the accident. She said that the girl looked to be in her twenties and was dragged under a lorry. According to the person who saw it, the girl didn't make it. Seems like yet another fatal accident involving a cyclist and a lorry.
Friday 2 December 2011 12.42pm
Afraid I heard the same thing, Sarah V. Really tragic.
Friday 2 December 2011 12.48pm
I was told by a passer by who happened to be a client of mine (who I presume was told by someone else) that the person was crushed between a car and a lorry; apparently it was the driver of the car's fault and they drove away after the accident.

Could be Chinese whispers so I would not take this as fact until confirmed by the police.
Friday 2 December 2011 12.51pm
Sounds awful!

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: