New app to show u/c, proposed and demolished buildings in augmented reality

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 December 2011 4.56pm
I am in discussions about the development of an app which would create augmented reality versions of proposed, under construction and demolished buildings in London, including SE1. For example, you would be able to stand on Waterloo Bridge and see a completed Shard if you pointed your phone in its direction.

In order to see whether this would appealing, I wanted to know whether itís the sort of thing SE1 users would download if it was available. Iíd be really interested in your thoughts. Is this something you would download? Is this something which you might show other people? I would appreciate if you wouldn't mind posting thoughts as soon as possible!

If this does progress, Iíll post more updates here. Thanks very much in advance.
Thursday 8 December 2011 12.28am
Sounds great.
Thursday 8 December 2011 8.50am
Can you hook it into Google street view and overlay the image on that? - rather than having to walk to the area?

Then you can view from the comfort of home - plus you could have a mobile version for phones.
Thursday 8 December 2011 12.33pm
Sounds interesting, but I'd probably only download if it was free like the Museum of London 'Streetmuseum' one.
Friday 9 December 2011 1.51pm
Think it's a great idea!
Friday 9 December 2011 10.48pm
Boss St Bloke, if you've got Google Earth, search for the City of London timeline plug-in, which does pretty much exactly what you've described.
Friday 9 December 2011 11.16pm
Thanks for that - will give it a spin!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: