Vigil for cyclist Ellie Carey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 9 December 2011 5.23pm
Hi everyone

There will be a vigil next Wednesday (14 December) in Bermondsey Square for Ellie Carey, the cyclist who died at the junction of Abbey Street and Tower Bridge Road on Friday 2 December.

That is all I know for now, but I will post updates if I get more info.

Ellie's brother has tweeted about all the support he has received from se1ers, so do please come down if you can.

Orla D

Related news & features

Related events

• Ellie Carey: Vigil (Wednesday 14 December 2011 to Wednesday 14 December 2011)
    Gathering to remember young cyclist killed earlier this month

Friday 9 December 2011 5.34pm
Thanks for this information.
Friday 9 December 2011 5.52pm
Please let us know what time.
Friday 9 December 2011 6.02pm
6pm

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 10 December 2011 12.23am
Hi all,

Thanks for posting this Orla. We'll be gathering at Shortwave on Bermondsey Square between 5.45 and 6pm on Wednesday, before walking down to the junction to show our respects - and highlight the need for urgent action to improve safety at the junction, for both cyclist and pedestrians.

We'll be joined by Ellie's father and brother, Allister and Peter. The family have been so adamant that something positive comes out of this terrible situation.

I'll post any more information as I have it - or feel free to drop me an email on mark.gettleson@southwark.gov.uk

All the very best,

Mark

Mark Gettleson
Liberal Democrat Councillor for Grange Ward
(and Tanner Street resident)

mark.gettleson@southwark.gov.uk
www.twitter.com/markgettleson
Sunday 11 December 2011 12.00am
I have to be somewhere else, but well done to the organisers. I will be praying at that time for her family.
Sunday 11 December 2011 12.28pm
I had it all planned that I would come to this on my way back from work, but have realised I won't be at my usual workplace and have a commitment that will take me elsewhere that evening, but I will be there in spirit.
Sunday 11 December 2011 10.17pm
Will try and be there, thanks to those who have organised this.
Sunday 11 December 2011 10.39pm
Thanks everyone. Will be great to have you down on Weds night if you can make it; and we will pass on the support of the se1ers who can't be there. Peter has said that he and the family appreciate the support of the community.

Orla
Monday 12 December 2011 2.54am
I'll be there, Orla x
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: