Anyone recommend a cattery?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 10 December 2011 11.24am
Does anyone have experience of local catteries? Obviously not of staying in the pen yourself, but of placing your cats there happily when you go away.
thanks
Alison
Saturday 10 December 2011 8.20pm
Not very local, but my cat was very happy when he stayed with Moggy Minders in Catford. They're fully booked for Christmas, so this year he's booked in with another place with Purley, which I hope will be good. Closer to home, Brockwell vets in Herne Hill also board cats and they were very nice, but they don't have the outdoor facilities that I'd ideally look for.
Saturday 10 December 2011 9.13pm
thank you. seems i need to book for xmas 2013 right now.
thanks for recommending those places
alison
Saturday 10 December 2011 9.15pm
There was also a reply via Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/paullomax/status/145508487911321600

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 12 December 2011 7.30pm
I'm happy with the service we've had from CDPoM as home visits over the last couple of years... They have opened a cattery now as well although I've not tried that personally.
CDPoM = Cats Dogs & Peace of Mind
Monday 12 December 2011 8.40pm
Thank you, next year i will book before Easter.
CPDoM looks great.
Friday 30 December 2011 9.51am
My cat was in a lovely cattery called Catsafe last month after we had moved out of our last home and before we moved to SE1. It is in Blacklands Road SE6. I would definitely use it again if I need to. It is run by a lady called Kate, and is really reasonably priced.

http://www.catsafe.net/CatsafeHome.htm

020 8698 6378
077 2185 0920
catsafe@btinternet.com
Friday 1 June 2012 9.04am
I have found CDPOM terrible at responding, I needed somewhere for my 2 cats whilst on holiday. I e-mailed, left a message on their answer machine, and 2 messages with their reception for an urgent call back but I never heard anything.So they are off my list for sure. I have used Moggie Minders in the past who are great and have now found Pussy Galore in Bexley.
Friday 1 June 2012 9.16am
I found CDPOM terrible at responding, I needed somewhere for my 2 cats whilst on holiday. I e-mailed, left a message on their answer machine, and 2 messages with their reception for an urgent call back but I never heard anything.So they are off my list for sure. I have used Moggie Minders in the past who are great and have now found Pussy Galore in Bexley.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: