Insult from Southwark Council

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 21 December 2011 2.23pm
Who decided to display a cut off part of the Union Flag on the Council Offices in Tooley Street?

This is a gross insult to the country, the residents of Southwark and visitors to Southwark.

Whoever made the decision is ignorant and should not be employed by the council.
Wednesday 21 December 2011 2.27pm
I did wonder if it was entirely proper to modify the flag in that way

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 21 December 2011 2.30pm
gross insult.....why?
Wednesday 21 December 2011 2.34pm
I don't feel insulted.
Wednesday 21 December 2011 2.47pm
Insulted or not I believe it is against protocol and maybe the law to deface, cut or maim the flag like this?
Wednesday 21 December 2011 2.49pm
The shape of these flags has really annoyed me and I have asked for proper shaped flags to replace them asap. Apologies to anyone affronted by them - I am working on it urgently.
Wednesday 21 December 2011 2.52pm
Surely must be a cost saving/cutting by Southwark Council! made in china no doubt!
Wednesday 21 December 2011 3.23pm
PeterJohn wrote:
The shape of these flags has really annoyed me and I have asked for proper shaped flags to replace them asap. Apologies to anyone affronted by them - I am working on it urgently.
Bravo! Whose head will be on a pike at London Bridge?
Wednesday 21 December 2011 4.03pm
With all the cuts affecting people throughout the country I think the 'cut' flag is the least of our problems!
Wednesday 21 December 2011 4.49pm
Good grief. I'm still unsure why there are flags flying at all given that they cost money and do nothing. I can see why they've cut them like that (I imagine they hang badly at that angle and wrap themselves up) though I wouldn't put them up rather than cut them. However I can't get worked up about a bit of cloth that very few look at up there.

And not sure if it is a gross insult to the country, the residents of Southwark and visitors to Southwark. I'd be more insulted by something far more material than a cut flag. Maybe blocking up all the roads at the same time with roadworks?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: