New Years Eve

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 28 December 2011 3.45pm
Hi all,

I'm desperate for suggestions for NYE !!!!! There's 4 of us in our 40s (2 couples) and we were thinking of maybe a pub that will do something a bit more special than just a normal night so that there's a bit of a festive atmosphere and sense of occasion! Any suggestions please??? We are actually in Shad Thames so anything walking distance would be our best bet. We don't have to have food cause we could eat earlier but we're flexible either way! Please help!
Wednesday 28 December 2011 3.59pm
The Adam and Eve (in SE16) has a karaoke, disco and buffet.
S.G
Wednesday 28 December 2011 4.29pm
I am also starting to think about this and where in SE1 provides a good view of the fireworks without having to get too close to the chaos of the southbank! I'm thinking that The Ship pub on Borough High street would be good as you can see the London Eye in the distance from outside there. There was no mention of any entry charge on NYE when I passed it the other day.
Wednesday 28 December 2011 4.32pm
Yeah, me too. Just moved in to E&C and would like to go for dinner somewhere before watching the fireworks... suggestions?
Wednesday 28 December 2011 4.35pm
The Ship on Borough High Street has a bit of a view of the London Eye?? That's a good tip! Are they doing anything special for New Years?
Wednesday 28 December 2011 5.06pm
The Ship is a well-run Fullers pub and one of my occasional locals. Can't say I recall seeing the Eye from the beer garden but in these parts it does pop up here and there when you're least expecting.

One place where it is partially visible is in Sawyer Street down the side of The Goldsmith on Southwark Bridge Road - also a good venue though more likely to be doing a ticketed NYE event with dinner.
Thursday 29 December 2011 2.14am
I'm also interested in suggestions.
We used to walk along the river and watch the fireworks from one of the bridges, Blackfriers or Southwark, which used to be very nice. But last year it was a total scrum with massive coach parties from all over who pretty much kicked us out of the way, the pushing and shoving was unbelievable, and horrendous crowds.

If anyone has any ideas for something nicer outdoors that doesn't involve lots of money and kareoke please let us know. (possibly by PM unless you want the coach parties along too!)
Thanks.
Thursday 29 December 2011 9.54am
The Southwark News has many adverts in today with pubs/bars offering entertainment for NYE.
S.G
Thursday 29 December 2011 2.00pm
You have to stand at the front of The Ship pub on the corner of Borough High Street/London Road to get a view of the London eye but it is usually quite visible in the distance from that spot! The ship has always seemed like a nice, unpretentious local so hopefully they won't be charging on NYE.
Friday 30 December 2011 12.03am
missdoo et al - The Bermondsey Square Hotel is doing a 5 Course Gourmet Dinner and champagne, coffee/tea, for 45 per person. Their chef, Kristian, has done a great job improving the menu and food, with his team, during the last 7 months. They also accept 'Tastecard', off season.

No connection - merely a satisfied customer.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: