London Bridge/Oyster Over Charge Again

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 7 January 2012 12.08pm
Hello Dear SE1-ers.
I was overcharged in two directions at London Bridge Station on my Oyster Card at 4.60 each time so 9.40 after swiping both ways. I rang Oyster- they told me to go to the tube and get a refund. As I was near OLd St. I went in- they refused to refund it- though they can see the overcharge.
I found out about the overcharge when I got on the ghost bus AKA the 21 and there was no credit on my card- though I knew there was! So I had to pay the full 2.30
I rang Oyster on the 6th- they agreed to refund the 9.40 ( with the legitimate price taken away) but not the knock on effect of the increased bus fare and said I would have to write in with the ticket- Of course they know few would bother because of the price of the stamp versus 'is it worth it'.
I have in fact emailed Mike Brown CEO TFL as this is about the third time this has happened at London Bridge in a year- I was also defrauded (paid back through the banks insurance) of 60 in the past through a Oyster/Top up machine at London Bridge in the past.
Thursday 12 January 2012 11.18pm
Thanks for the warning Kory.
I've always mistrusted those things as it's not easy to keep track of what it's billing you and the attitude to refunds seems to vary depending on the mood of the member of staff you try and at get help from no matter how clearly they can see what has happened. The system clearly needs a better (any) oversight body to make sure people are not being defrauded like this.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: